GM Special Coverage Program 14423

Texan

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
I received a letter dated November 2015 from GM.
It reference a fuel tank inlet check valve (ICV) that
may fracture. The program increases the coverage
from 10 years to 15 years or 150,000 miles.
I have not had this problem and just passing
along the information for what it is worth.
I have a 03 TB LT with 138,000 miles and
one GM thermostat.

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
one GM thermostat.
Hmm...what are the tell tale symptoms of this?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If that is the same as the previous one, it's for early EXT/XLT LWB models. The fuel inlet to the tank would break off. Telltale signs are fuel smell, leakage and possibly a CEL with the code for leaking Evap (same as for gas cap).

I had the tank in my 02 EXT replaced under the previous warranty. Well worth it.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
If that is the same as the previous one, it's for early EXT/XLT LWB models. The fuel inlet to the tank would break off. Telltale signs are fuel smell, leakage and possibly a CEL with the code for leaking Evap (same as for gas cap).

I had the tank in my 02 EXT replaced under the previous warranty. Well worth it.
Do you know the coverage of this off the top of your head? Years/miles? I have all of the symptoms of it lol.

Texan

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
Additional information. Previous program
number 07099. Coverage for new program
14423 is 15 years or 150,000 miles.

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Is this the same issue as the NHTSA recall # 15V704 I recently got an email about?

irecknso

Feb 16, 2012
I just received my notice also. Over the last year or so I've noticed (but not all the time) after fill up it will idle high. Then after it sits for an hour or so it idles normal. CEL code says fuel too lean.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just received my notice also. Over the last year or so I've noticed (but not all the time) after fill up it will idle high. Then after it sits for an hour or so it idles normal. CEL code says fuel too lean.

I doubt it. Sounds more like a vacuum leak.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
:wooot:

Finally! A recall that I actually get and actually have needed for a while! First recall we've gotten for the TB, came in the mail today.

Reactions: Sib

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I got the letter last week. I don't have an issue but was thinking of taking it to the dealer for them to look at it anyway.

Mirage

Feb 23, 2014
My CEL has been on for over a year and it needs the exact part that is listed in the letter. Unfortunately my truck is not covered by the program due to the MY.
I did get in touch with my dealer to see if they can offer assistance and they will be letting me know in the next few days.
Keeping fingers crossed.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yours is a 2007 so that particular problem was resolved by then. Could just be the fuel cap gone bad.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I actually got these letters (maybe not the exact same one) a few weeks ago for both the envoy and trailblazer. Both have a slight fuel smell when filling up all the way so they may go in soon just to be safe. I haven't noticed mine really since I replaced the fuel pump so maybe it fixed it or I just haven't paid that much attention. It completely slipped my mind. When I dropped the tank on the tb the only seepage was from the rusted fuel pump lines. Otherwise I didn't see anything. Haven't had the pleasure to drop the tank on the voy in the middle of June yet.

Jan 7, 2016
Detroit
one GM thermostat.
Do you think you, or anyone on here, can post a copy of the letter along with the reimbursement form? I got mine and misplaced it. I just had my tank replaced for exactly the problem on the notice. My mechanic said that the leak could have led to a fire so if I were any of you and smelled gas, go get this done ASAP.
GM will NOT send me a copy of the letter noted or another form, so if someone can post it, that would be great! Thanks....Mark

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Texan

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
It was my understanding that this recall only
applied to the long wheel base (three rows of
seats) vehicles. Mine is a short wheel base,
therefor I have no idea what I did with the
letter. Sorry.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I've got a copy of the new letter that I was sent about 6 weeks ago. Has my VIN on it, but will that work for you? If it does, I'll scan it on Monday here at work and post it in this thread.

Reactions: Blckshdw

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I don't have the letter but do have a copy of the reimbursement form. This is the address to mail the form to:

Reimbursement Department
PO Box 33170
Detroit MI 48232-5170

Attachments

• 14423.jpeg
    14423.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You could send the letter and fill in the bulletin number. Keep a copy of everything.

ROBLAFRANCOIS

Feb 18, 2016
SYRACUSE, NY
one GM thermostat.
I went to the dealership today because the ICV in my trailblazer is completely disconnected. They informed my they parts are on national backorder until at least may. Now I have a vehicle that dumps fuel like an empty milk jug.

After speaking with a representative at GM, I was told there will be no relief. There is nothing they can do. No loaner vehicle, no rental. I was told that I could order a third party manufacturer part and have it repaired at my expense but it will more than likely not be reimbursed.

Kia, here I come

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Dealer told me that my Voy's tank would be replaced compliments of GM and that they would contact me when part arrived. I already knew via GMTNation that there would be a significant wait. I can only fill to the 3/4 mark without spillage or smell occurring.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
After many months of waiting for the Voy's tank to be repaired, I'm starting to get really pissed off with the local stealership.

Waited until mid-August for the tank to arrive. Dealership calls me Thursday and the following Monday morning I drop off the Voy only to be called 1 hour later, they can't fix the truck. The dumb SOB's sent the inlet hose back Friday because it was in storage over 150 days.

Emailing and phone calls only aggravate me with the canned response of "We'll contact when part arrives." Walked into the dealership seeing the Service Manager and he knew I was pissed. We both went to the Parts Manager and ended up getting an ETA of mid November for the hose.

Sorry guys for the rant! :Banghead:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
In storage more than 150 days?!? Is there a "best before" date or something?

Reactions: Canadian Mike

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
UPDATE

So after mid-November came & went, then followed by December, which in turn saw January show up, the stealership got an aftermarket inlet hose.

They call me and we setup a Monday morning appointment. Guess what - the aftermarket required an adapter. Poor Voy had to spend another night. :Banghead:

Tuesday, late morning, they called to say the Voy has been repaired. Picked her up after work and poured almost 74 litres (19+ gallons). No leakage or smell of gas. Hurray!!!:celebrate:

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online