GM Showroom Update 2022

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I do this every time there's a new vehicle launch or generation of vehicles that are availble at dealerships in Saudi, sometimes vehicles that are not even heard of in the States. This was much overdo especially with me not travelling due to Covid etc...

Starting off this is called the Chevrolet Groove. Very small compact crossover. Too small, have the dash eating into my legs! I am not actually sure what this is based on. :blinkhuh:

IMG_1134[1].JPGIMG_1136.JPGIMG_1137.JPGIMG_1138.JPGIMG_1139.JPGIMG_1140.JPGIMG_1141.JPGIMG_1142.JPGIMG_1145.JPGIMG_1146.JPGIMG_1148.JPGIMG_1149.JPG
IMG_1160.JPG

The latest generation full-size trucks!! Off the three I personally think the Cadillac is the best looking, with the Yukon being weird to say it nicely. Some angles look really good but others really look like shit IMO. Hate the button shifter and who in the right mind decided to put the hazard switch on the passenger side!! Honestly I have to say I enjoyed the back seats more than the front ones in the Yukon and Tahoe, probably due to the increased dimensions.

This is the resurrection of the Captiva nameplate. This is basically just a badge slap Chevy, which is shared with the MG Hector and another Chinese brand I believe. The Hector was availble in India, it was just as ugly there and looks worse with a bowtie on it. However these are seemingly quite popular around here for some reason!! :duh::duh:

IMG_1150.JPGIMG_1151.JPGIMG_1152.JPGIMG_1153.JPGIMG_1154.JPGIMG_1156.JPGIMG_1158.JPG

Finally my personal favorite if I were to buy a new GM product! The Cadillac XT6. I know its just a traverse/acadia underneath but I really love the design and Cadillac elements. The interior is fantastic without being too much. Seats are good and comfy and I really dig this color, although I wanted to see the blue metallic color.

Hope y'all enjoy a sneak from GM middle east :2thumbsup:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The Groove looks like a Trax.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I hadn't noticed that the Yukon got those "pop-up" screens as opposed to the Sierra that still has a in-dash screen. I can't stand the pop-up. Looks out of place.

the Yukon being weird to say it nicely. Some angles look really good but others really look like shit IMO.
Hey, my Sierra resembles that! :poke:

One thing's for sure, you do have expensive taste going for two Caddys. :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I hadn't noticed that the Yukon got those "pop-up" screens as opposed to the Sierra that still has a in-dash screen. I can't stand the pop-up. Looks out of place.

Totally agree 100%. Its like who needs to go through the effort of designing the infotainment around the dash when you can just slap it on there. Seems like the Denali has the screen still inbuilt into the dash, to I guess further differentiate it from the other models.

1661441641880.png

One thing's for sure, you do have expensive taste going for two Caddys. :biggrin:

That's something my dad says all the time :rotfl:. But you know how much I love my GMT 800s! They just dont make em like they used to anymore

I believe GM is doing that on purpose, designing the other brands to be meh.... So you'd splurge on the Caddy's!!

Last edited:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I see but I thought the Groove and Captiva we have over here are just Chinese rebadges, whereas the Trax is a different platform altogether
It's not a rebadge but is based on a Chinese Boajun 510. It's a joint venture. We'll never see it here because it's staying in the Middle East, Latin America and around Africa.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And a lot of times it's because of lower safety standards.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.