GM Hit With Class Action Lawsuit Over Vortec V8 Engine

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013

I'm surprised it's just 2010-2014 since it's been a problem ever since they introduced DOD/AFM.

I'm not as surprised at this class action lawsuit as much as I am over the 9 speeds found in the Traverse/Blazer cross overs. Looks like a big deal if GM is looking to replace units outright over a two year span rather than repair. Small wonder GM is going electric in the near future.

LINK

GM-General-Motors-9T50-9TXX-9-speed-automatic-transmission-720x486.jpeg

Reactions: northcreek

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
However they aren't getting sued over those yet since they are still under warranty.

Seems like GM are getting sued more often lately. Actually I think it's a constant. I was also reading that they got sued for cracking dashboards in the NBS full size trucks. Mine's cracked.

Reactions: littleblazer

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
However they aren't getting sued over those yet since they are still under warranty.

Seems like GM are getting sued more often lately. Actually I think it's a constant. I was also reading that they got sued for cracking dashboards in the NBS full size trucks. Mine's cracked.

Time to lawyer up! :2thumbsup:

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Damn, I was getting my hopes up reading the article earlier. Silly me for thinking GM would do the right thing, and cover the 05 LH6 lol. Woulda been nice seeing a shiny new engine under the hood :biggrin:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Wonder if I could still sue GM for that crappy Turbo-glide transmission that they put in the 58 Chevy that I once had....:undecided:

• Haha
Reactions: ek02 and Mooseman

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

Nbs like 07-14 or so gmt900? Thats already bail out GM... having escalades from the gmt800 and then the 900 platform... the 800 was a better built and used much higher quality parts than its later counterpart. The fit and finish of the 900 was better but the overall quality of materials wasn't as good. Leather isn't as soft, thinner metal and plastic, thinner sound deadening, cheaper quality wheels... the list goes on. And yeah, the dash in the 10 cracked at 4 years old... the a/c also leaked like a sieve and it was on its second or third set of trans lines. Plus its ride quality wend way down. I always liked how the torsion bar setup drove. Tracked the road better... the coilover mag ride (vs torsion mag ride) was floatier but harsher. The torsion just glided along... it rides like a Cadillac should imo.

Reactions: Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
@littleblazer - You hit the nail on the head there. They are no longer responsible for much of anything that happened during, or before, the bankruptcy. So.. 2009 and earlier they are under court protection, which is stupid BS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
LOL. Love the gif cornchip. I spent three months with the "Better Call Saul" guy last fall, and the action movie he was in, will be in theatres the end of Feb 2021. When you watch it - assuming we can all get back into theatres in 2021 - think of me. By the way, Bob Odenkirk is a super nice guy.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online