GM brake bleeding procedure, where is it?

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
There is a specific procedure in the service manual, for the life of me, I cannot find it. I tried the (CTRL+F) on different PDF readers and it will not search the manuals. I want to use the Tech 2 and I believe there is a specific sequence with the ABS Autobleed. Do we leave the bleeders open during this test?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Reactions: gmcman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Reactions: gmcman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've done it. Easy enough. Bleed all four wheels, then use the tech 2 to activate the ABS bleed procedure while you press on the brake pedal (it will tell you to do this). Done.

Reactions: gmcman and mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Not an Instructional PDF per se... But in this Video, Dr. Shock follows a 'Page-By-Page Walk Through' using a Genuine GM Shop Manual and using the GM Dealership Pressurized Brake Bleeding Procedures for both Diesel and Gasoline Powered Vehicles.

As with all 'ASE Certified GM Mechanics', his steps initially require many ' hands-on' activities that belies the notion that all of this is being a performed as a "Completely Automatic Procedure".

In every case, he follows the 'Hard Copy' Shop Manual Pressure Brake Bleed Procedures 'To A TEE' and includes the steps for using his "GYMKO" Tech 2 Clone for the necessary ABS Bleed portion as the focus of this Video:

In the Linked Thread below, I followed Dr. Shock's & my own GM Shop Manual Instructions and documented these exact steps for my Y2K Indigo Blue Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Truck covering all of these activities just after performing a Complete Brakes Overhaul.

Included below are plenty of still images describing the various GM Shop Manual Steps, Specialty Tools, New Fluids and supportive After-Market Pressure Brake Bleeding Products that will provide VERY satisfying results:

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Thanks. I used the autobleed on another GMT360 yesterday and the end result was very good. Pedal has a good, linear feel to it now.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online