media1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 2
  • media3.jpg
    media3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 3

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I see mud and "mall-cruiser" off roading. :thumbsup:

Nice looking truck, we have debated moving up, but not sure if something like that will be in the budget. I think the wife is probably going to get a gently used Trailblazer EXT instead. It will however mean a 3rd GMT-360/370 in my driveway, so technically I will get to have a meet whenever I feel like it. :wootwoot:

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:
Nice! When will the mod bug bite for that one?! :wooot:

You mean like tint, painted bug guard, Black Bear tune??:biggrin:

I see mud and "mall-cruiser" off roading.

I did the wheel on the curb at the mall just to irritate Roadie!! It worked of course. The muddy pics were the second day I owned it. I found a very nice, very wet construction site to go and see how the 4x4 worked. I played for about an hour. I was in the mud for a half hour before I realized I had not turned on the 4wheel!:duh::duh:

And for the record, I get about the same gas mileage as most of the TB's, and better than most SS's.:biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Nice title haha Oh and nice cars too :yes: Looks nice and clean!

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:
You mean like tint, painted bug guard, Black Bear tune??:biggrin:

You're forgetting the 3" lift kit, mudders, custom gear rack for the roof, barton bumper and a matching camper trailer... :biggrin:

Or you gonna lower the bish and make it a mall crawler?

Ghoster said:
And for the record, I get about the same gas mileage as most of the TB's, and better than most SS's.:biggrin:

Had to toss that in there, didn't ya. :raspberry:

Don't they make those with a "Hybrid" option?

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:
You're forgetting the 3" lift kit, mudders, custom gear rack for the roof, barton bumper and a matching camper trailer... :biggrin:

Or you gonna lower the bish and make it a mall crawler?

Had to toss that in there, didn't ya. :raspberry:

Don't they make those with a "Hybrid" option?

It will not be lowered, however lifting is difficult with the Autoride suspension. I will probably level it eventually. We primarily use it for travel, so mudders are not the optimum choice.

They do make a hybrid. What most people don't know about it is that the standard Hoe has a 5.3l engine. It does a good job, good middle engine for mileage and power. The hybrid gets the 6.0l. It actually has MORE power, but reduced options. They remove some options to reduce weight. :cool:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
At least her headlights were on in some of those pics. Hoes always look better that way IMO :biggrin:

Nice wheels man :thumbsup:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
And the Hybrid has a little footnote in the specs: Never, ever, even DREAM of taking this puppy offroad. You'll shake up the batteries, they will internally short out and spew toxic fumes, and everybody dies.

View attachment 16506

Attachments

• death-star-explosion.jpg
    death-star-explosion.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 142

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
And the Hybrid has a little footnote in the specs: Never, ever, even DREAM of taking this puppy offroad. You'll shake up the batteries, they will internally short out and spew toxic fumes, and everybody dies.

View attachment 238

That was my thought when I looked at it. That and if I was truly wanting better mileage that bad, I think I would have to go with the 2wd just for the weight savings. The weight is a huge factor in these things. Even the seats in the hybrid are different, they are made thinner and lighter.

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:
:rotfl: Made with leftover Cobalt parts? :lipsrsealed:

Oh dear lord no. I sat in it, and my ass fit in the seat, so they couldn't have been cobalt rejects!!:laugh:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Definitely a nice truck. I like the color and chrome wheels. Works well together!

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Definitely a nice truck. I like the color and chrome wheels. Works well together!

:rotfl::rotfl:

The wife picked it. I wanted white.:laugh:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Definitely a nice truck. I wouldn't mind one but the wife doesn't really want anything that big.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
djthumper said:
Definitely a nice truck. I wouldn't mind one but the wife doesn't really want anything that big.

We had a z71 hoe a couple yrs old while her car got warranty work and after one day the wife gave it to me and took my truck. Liked the size and said mine rode better. Too bad cause I would rather got her one of them than the van.

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
We had a z71 hoe a couple yrs old while her car got warranty work and after one day the wife gave it to me and took my truck. Liked the size and said mine rode better. Too bad cause I would rather got her one of them than the van.

Some people don't like the size, but it is smaller than my full sized trucks were. I have to say, the size is sort of deceptive. It drives small for what it is. It is very maneuverable for its size, it works well in mall parking lots!:biggrin: . As for the ride, this one is super smooth. Just depends on what you are used to. The LS ad LT model Tahoe have a completely different suspension than what is on mine. I didn't care for the looseness of the LS I drove. It is, however, too big for trail riding. Its just too wide.

My wife agrees with yours though, she loves it on the highway, but is scared of it in local traffic...... which was kind of an incentive for me to buy it!:biggrin:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Ghoster said:
... have to say, the size is sort of deceptive. It drives small for what it is. It is very maneuverable for its size, it works well in mall parking lots!:biggrin:

That would depend on who is behind the wheel. Around here the way they are parked in the parking lots you would think it is bigger than what it is.

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
djthumper said:
That would depend on who is behind the wheel. Around here the way they are parked in the parking lots you would think it is bigger than what it is.

:laugh:

Lets not equate the truck with the talent of the driver! I parked near an H2 at costco the other day. I swear it was taking up 4 parking spaces..... and they were all full.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
the title of this thread is very misleading...

:hissyfit::hissyfit:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Hatchet said:

What the Tahoe isn't pretty or something :tongue: loll

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Hatchet said:

Hey, Hatchet...

I found you Ghoster's hoe... :rotfl:

hoe-1272.jpg

Sorry Ghoster... the alternative was, um... perhaps inapropriate. :biggrin:

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:
Hey, Hatchet...

hoe-1272.jpg

The inappropriate one has already been posted in a different thread.:cool:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
The inappropriate one has already been posted in a different thread.:cool:

:biggrin: Your welcome.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
djthumper said:
We all know Stef can be a little slow...

I think slow is kind of an understatement :tongue:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
harmless said:
Hey, Hatchet...

hoe-1272.jpg

i lol'd

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011