Amazon Product Gas Tapper

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Joe_67

Aug 9, 2022
Central Virginia
I might get it just for the pumping back in part (for filling the generator and the like).

But also could have used it last winter for another purpose. We got somewhat blindsided by a nasty, super-wet ice/snow storm. I live down a rural backroad, basically in the woods. Widespread destruction of power lines and trees blocking the road and stuff. I had about 15 gal of gas on hand and a decent generator, but that's only about a day-1/2 and there wasn't getting anywhere for about 2 days. But I had several cars in the drive with gas in them! I could have gotten all sorts of gas for the generator!

In the end I was actually able to do it by jumpering the fuel pump relay on my Ranger truck. I pulled the valve stem out of the fuel rail port, attached an appropriate sized hose, ran that to one of my cans and hit the relay. It worked fine but was much slower than this kit would have been.

And FWIW, anytime I jumper something like that, I use a fused jumper wire of the appropriate amps. Something like these:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Joe_67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online