Gas prices

Mooseman

Master Blaster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Gas still dropping a little but still nowhere near a buck a liter. Now sitting at $1.65/L. Diesel also dropped to $1.91/L

• Sad
Reactions: northcreek

Redbeard

Guru
Jan 26, 2013
Paid $3.61 gallon this morning then passed another station with a cash price of $3.51. News reports we are using less gas than prior to covid, I don't know but let the fuel prices continue to drop.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Jul 22, 2015
$4.20/gal near me; just over the WI border it's $3.74

With discounts, I can get another 0.35 off those prices.

As for using less gas... lots of office workers continue to take advantage of WFH part or most of the workweek. New watchword in hiring ads is 'hybrid' (which just means at-site attendance is somewhere between 0-99%, usually toward the lower end.

As for the people still driving, they're doing less of it, also curbing demand.

Saw the other day that the last time crude was priced similarly as now, gasoline was about $2.85 (?) / gal. So there's room to fall further, although I doubt we'll see 2.xx / gal anytime soon.

The 'deficit reduction' bill that is now set to pass Congress next week also has mandatory provisions for Interior dept to offer drilling leases on addn'l 2MM acres of land, and 60MM offshore acres yearly, or else no permitting allowed by them for wind / solar.

Barring another war or other economic shock, I'd expect gas prices to continue stabilizing over next several months to a year. E.g.; I'd expect $3.xx /gal, vs => $5 /gal

I expect same outside of US... cheaper than now, but not back to pre-war, etc. pricing. Inflationary concerns, especially in the EU, will affect pricing as well.

TollKeeper

Guru
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
3.85 at my local station!

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Master Blaster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Regular gas is 1.57 a litre today and I assume diesel has not followed yet as it was 1.85 a few days ago.
Exactly the same here. Got some diesel on a rez near Owen Sound for $1.71/L. Oddly enough, it was $1.79 when I left and now back up to $1.85. Still better than the $2.30's at the beginning of July.

There is talk that parliament will put in an excessive profit tax on petro companies as they are making money hand over fist. :mad:

Mike534x

Hobbyist
Apr 9, 2012
We're sitting at $ 4.13/gal, down from $ 4.23 two weeks ago. Chicago is still kicking $5.35 in some parts, and diesel is holding at $4.99-5.15. During our ride into Southern Indiana, we passed a few stations at $ 3.77-3.80.

Mooseman

Master Blaster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Saw $1.56/L last night but has come back up to $1.65. Prices here flutuate all day long, starts high in the morning and gradually drops to about the same price as Costco in the evening. Diesel is steady at $1.75/L. When I filled it up, it cost me less than $200! W00T! With CAA, I get a 3¢/L discount at Shell, get Air Miles there and get a 2% cash back when I use my Costco Mastercard.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montiehall

Staff online

Members Online

Staff online

Members Online

Staff online

Members Online