NEED HELP Gas Caps

WhiteWolf

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Arizona
'02 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4.2L
I'm looking to getting a locking Gas Cap. Unfortunately, there's been a few of my neighbors that have had their gas siphoned from their vehicles. Hopefully I can prevent that from happening. My problem is which gas cap is better for my Chevy, an emissions control cap or a pressure vacuum cap?
Hopefully I can get an answer that helps me, Thank You in Advance!

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
I wouldn't bother. Almost no thief is siphoning gas anymore. Dangerous and unhealthy. They crawl underneath with a pail and a drill, and simply drill through the side of plastic tanks. In an out in 5 minutes, and no one sees them underneath the car until its too late and they are gone.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

WhiteWolf

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Arizona
I wouldn't bother. Almost no thief is siphoning gas anymore. Dangerous and unhealthy. They crawl underneath with a pail and a drill, and simply drill through the side of plastic tanks. In an out in 5 minutes, and no one sees them underneath the car until its too late and they are gone.
Thank You for responding. I'm glad you told me this. I'll let my neighbors, who had their gas stolen, know that their gas tanks may have a hole in them. However, you wouldn't happen to know which gas cap is better for my Chevy? Referring to my original post.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
ACDelco is recommended as some aftermarket have been known to either not fit right or leak. As far as your vented question is concerned, they are all the same. Just get what is listed for your truck.

ACDelco does have a locking cap however, on RA, you can only buy 12 at a time. Part # ACDELCO 12F31L .

Reactions: Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online