Garmin nüvi as a scan tool?

Denis7966

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Was just wondering if anyone out there had bought this attachment that goes on the more advanced Garmins that have the ecoRoute option.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=38354 --- I have seen them cheaper on Amazon.

Apparently you can run diagnostic testing, and it can read over 4000 different error codes.
I'm seriously contemplating getting one, (it's like getting the error code the minute it happens) - but a little feedback from someone who already has (or knows someone who has) one would be appreciated.

:thankyou:

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
Says it works with android phones too. similar device sold at wal mart for Iphone for same price. thought about getting one. would like to know if they are good too.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That green leaf and "carbon footprint" score would get annoying, IMO...

Seems a bit pricey for what it does. Can't you get a bluetooth OBDII attachment and use the Torque app to do something similar, and for a lot less? I've toyed with the idea - especially since the USB-OBDII adapter I got sucks and doesn't work at all - but just haven't followed through with it.

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
Can you monitor guages and see the map at the same time? I watch engine and transmission temps, turbo boost and miles to empty when towing our camper but road trips are when I need the directions from the GPS.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
muddy tires said:
Can you monitor guages and see the map at the same time? I watch engine and transmission temps, turbo boost and miles to empty when towing our camper but road trips are when I need the directions from the GPS.

turbo-boost.jpg
?

Denis7966

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
muddy tires said:
Seeing as how I'm interested in possibly getting one, I've done my fair share of research and reading reviews, and to answer your question --> NO. That's one of the issues people are complaining about, is that they can"t see both the gauges and the map at the same time. Wouldn't be an issue for me, but I do understand how it would be nice to see both. The other prevalent complaint is that every once in a while you may lose the Bluetooth connection and need to go through the reconnection process, which involves turning off the engine and restarting the set-up process.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online