GALLERY

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
We have opened up the gallery for all to play in!

We are still making adjustments, but please go in and upload your pics and try out the setting.

We will announce all the pic sizes and storage limits for basic and premium members in the next few days.

Please list any issues you have in the Site Support section.

Ghoster

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I didn't have any issues uploading. :cool:

Vibesd

Apr 22, 2014
i can only upload from my phone.... it says the file is too large when trying from my computer, but i used the same picture/size from my iphone and upload it through the app and it uploads fine....

Ghoster

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
The upload you did above was NOT to a gallery. It is just an upload, those are automatically resized. We do have size limits on the gallery photo uploads. I believe it is 1600 x 1200 for now.

To create a gallery, click on the gallery button on the top bar.

Reactions: Vibesd

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Ghoster said:
We have opened up the gallery for all to play in!

We are still making adjustments, but please go in and upload your pics and try out the setting.

We will announce all the pic sizes and storage limits for basic and premium members in the next few days.

Please list any issues you have in the Site Support section.

Ghoster

One less thing for me to complain about.

Reactions: dmanns67

Vibesd

Apr 22, 2014
Ghoster said:
The upload you did above was NOT to a gallery. It is just an upload, those are automatically resized. We do have size limits on the gallery photo uploads. I believe it is 1600 x 1200 for now.

To create a gallery, click on the gallery button on the top bar.
That worked out nice..... Im loving this site..... :yes:

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
So are the previous galleries lost? I've had some pic-heavy threads where I made a point of trying to put everything into the gallery, and now it appears those threads are worthless. I can't tell you how many times I've been frustrated to find a discussion that talks about exactly the problem I'm having, except all of the pictures have been lost due to forum updates and so the thread is missing the most critical information...

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Galleries are not for images used to illustrate a thread... galleries are used to display your vehicle and it's features as part of your profile. Attachments are used to illustrate threads, and those should all still be in tact.

We had "Member Garages" on the old software, and there was not much participation... and there certainly wasn't any content in there that would be helpful in a technical thread.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
Well ok... In the old software there was a big restriction on the size of file I could upload (I think around 160x200?), and the only way to post decent sized pictures was to put images into a gallery and link to those pictures within my comments. It just bugs me because I spent a lot of time uploading and labeling all the images for several different build threads, and without the pictures most of the text is meaningless.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.