GA Meet!

cody_s

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Well, let's see if we can get some discussion going for a Georgia meet. Sometime at the beginning of January maybe? Any thoughts on locations?

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
From what I learned from The OS basically just choose a date or 2 and a location or 2 and then say what can people do. I will try to make whatever is planned. With it being winter it would probably be good to get dinn somewhere. In the past we have meet at Quaker stke and lube in douglasville. Just a suggestion for a location but I will try to make whatever is planned

cody_s

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
ssmedt said:
From what I learned from The OS basically just choose a date or 2 and a location or 2 and then say what can people do. I will try to make whatever is planned. With it being winter it would probably be good to get dinn somewhere. In the past we have meet at Quaker stke and lube in douglasville. Just a suggestion for a location but I will try to make whatever is planned

Dinner meet definitely sounds like a good idea :smile: Douglasville isn't all that far from me either.
I guess to have something tentative set up, I'll say Saturday, January 7th at Quaker Steak and Lube? 6PM?

jsprewell

Dec 6, 2011
cody_s said:
Dinner meet definitely sounds like a good idea :smile: Douglasville isn't all that far from me either.
I guess to have something tentative set up, I'll say Saturday, January 7th at Quaker Steak and Lube? 6PM?

Hey! A meet is a definite need!

Sorry to say that Quaker Steak and Lube is no longer there... :hissyfit:

I have tried to setup something earlier with a few guys but that didn't happen. There is a really good steak place near here in Tallapoosa, GA. Unfortunately, it's about 30min west of Douglasville (where Quaker Steak was). (I know a big Corvette club meets here I think once a month)

But anyway, whatever we do, I'm in! :biggrin:

Edit: I know Brandon was in on my first attempt...

cody_s

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
jsprewell said:

I have tried to setup something earlier with a few guys but that didn't happen. There is a really good steak place near here in Tallapoosa, GA. Unfortunately, it's about 30min west of Douglasville (where Quaker Steak was). (I know a big Corvette club meets here I think once a month)

But anyway, whatever we do, I'm in! :biggrin:

Aw that's unfortunate. Well we'll see. Hopefully we'll get some more responses here within the next week or so to get a feel for what area everybody is in, then we can pick a location.

jsprewell

Dec 6, 2011
cody_s said:
Aw that's unfortunate. Well we'll see. Hopefully we'll get some more responses here within the next week or so to get a feel for what area everybody is in, then we can pick a location.

A restaurant exists in that location, just not Quaker Steak and Lube. The thing about that place is that every few years it changes ownership/names.

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
jsprewell said:

I...

:eek: wow well that sucks well gues we will figure something else out then

Jan 2, 2012
I'm game, where we talking for location? I see mention of places west of atlanta. I'm down in savannah, GA so that's a far piece to drive. Any chance to do something east of Atl? :confused:

cody_s

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
xx_gearhead_xx said:
I'm game, where we talking for location? I see mention of places west of atlanta. I'm down in savannah, GA so that's a far piece to drive. Any chance to do something east of Atl? :confused:

I wouldn't be opposed to heading down towards Macon for one either. Just trying to get a feel for where people are at, and where people are interested in driving to.

cody_s

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Figured I'd revive this thread since I poised the idea of a meet quite a while back, and we had some feedback, but I never did make any decisions. There's been a few people talking about west of Atlanta (Douglasville area), or moving it more south for Gearhead to be able to attend as well. What about the McDonough area? Not too terribly far from the Douglasville people, and a little more south of Atlanta. Then again, that's still a drive for Gearhead in Savannah.

Jan 2, 2012
Do you know what day of the week we're gonna shoot for? Was there anyone that wanted to do it during the week? McDonough sounds good, that'll prob shave an Hr off the drive.

cody_s

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
xx_gearhead_xx said:
Do you know what day of the week we're gonna shoot for? Was there anyone that wanted to do it during the week? McDonough sounds good, that'll prob shave an Hr off the drive.

I was planning on something over a weekend, Friday would probably be the only week day I could do.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
If we are having it in McDonough how about Summit Racing?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online