G80 locking Rear

Ilikemy3s

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Hello Everyone .. long time no log on since I am still looking for a replacement to my Envoy XL. Anyway, I searched the forum and could not find an answer, Outside of a dealer/seller listing the G80 option .. is there a way to tell it is in fact there? Something I can look at or test? IS the cover different some how. Just figured to ask Any ideas would be helpful.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Other than opening up the rear end, there is no physical way to just look at it and see. That I know of.

felicie

Jan 13, 2013
If you jack up both rear tires and spin one side the other side should spin in the same direction, if it does that a pois rear end. If it moves in the opposite direction it's not. You can also try jacking up just one side and see if you can spin the tire, it might move a bit but it should lock.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
^^ won't work on a G80, it will appear to be an open diff.

On my phone now, but search YouTube, user same as my member name here,"testing a G80“.

Reactions: Mounce

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Only time both wheels spin the same way is with a full locker like a spool. No road going rear end will be that way. Or else you'd be wheel hopping around every corner you turn. Limited slip is what all street rear ends are. Some are tighter than others but they all give. Or else the hopping. Spools are mostly for drag racing mud racing etc

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online