FYI - Saab 9-7x 'Rebuild' ep. - 2 Guys Garage (Motor Trend / Velocity)

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Season 18, Ep 12, if you're looking for it.

(on edit) The hosts do a DOD delete (including cam swap) on a '05 Saab 9-7x.

Not sure how 'good' the ep will be, but it's not often one of our trucks gets featured on TV.

I've recorded it, and can potentially transfer it to DVD, for those who don't have access to this content. It's fairly detailed, but not as thorough as you might see from someone online (or me, if I were doing it), but if you're a 'visual' person, you may find it interesting.

The other segment is of a HP Hemi they built over several episodes; they take it to a dyno shop and measure the output. They also tour the owner's locations, and show an old Dodge Rampage being prepared for SEMA (I'll keep what they were doing to it a surprise, but I was impressed with it... and for me to say that about any MoPar product is an accomplishment, I suppose)

From what I can tell, it's not going to be broadcast again this weekend (but may be available via streaming content via your provider (or if you're actually shelling out for a M/T 'on demand' sub).

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: I think I caught some of the first part of this build last weekend.

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Ah -- maybe they show different eps in different markets? It's a one-off episode, from what I can tell? (but I might be wrong -- can't see a program guide out to next week.) In my market, I think the show is only aired on Saturdays, maybe Sundays.

I saw part of the ep (will watch the whole thing later). It was 'OK'. While I don't think I 'learned' much (and didn't like them skipping over some things), it was interesting enough to spend 30min on, I suppose. There are limitations to a 30min program length, to be sure.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Turns out, it was the same episode I saw before lol

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Figured it out... the new eps are shown on Sundays; rerun is the following Saturday.
Not mentioned in tomorrow's episode listing online, but @Blckshdw will let us know tomorrow, when he sees it :laugh:

Here's the link from M/T's site (only 32 sec available online, at least on this site) :mad:

(looking at the screencap on that site... yep, it's a 360... front bumper cover is misaligned... LOL)

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Dammit! I don't have that channel and can't find that show in my other usual "grey" places.

Maybe if @Reprise is nice enough he can upload it to google drive and provide us a private link? :wink:

Reactions: cornchip

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Moose - PM me with some info - I don't have a Google Drive (that I know of). Will research this later on today. I'll hook up the DVD recorder sometime next week and run the program through it. Then we'll figure out 'distribution' from there. :laugh:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Watched it on M/T demand, it was interesting but, it ended about half way through the DOD delete which kind of left me with with motorhead blue balls. Why do they do that :hissyfit:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online