Future: Northern Michigan Meet

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I'm thinking on doing a small meet in Northern Mi. This will be a Day trip,there are some trails up here that we can go weelin on and if you want to stay longer there is a camp ground where we will be weelin. All you will need is a ORV Sticker to get on the trails, I don't know what you will need to get into the Campground. I will not be spending the night. I have no recovery gear besides factory hooks and a Portable Power Unit.

This is just an idea. Let me know some dates that will work for you. I know that there is going to be a Big Midwest meet sometime in May. So I'm thinking July/August. I have friends comeing up from Ohio in June so thats not gunna work for me.

I'm also in the process of lifting my TB, the way things are going for me I'll have it completed sometime in July(Lift, Tires and Spacers)I will let you know when its completed.

Again let me know if you are able.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Cable810 said:
I'm thinking on doing a small meet in Northern Mi. This will be a Day trip,there are some trails up here that we can go weelin on and if you want to stay longer there is a camp ground where we will be weelin. All you will need is a ORV Sticker to get on the trails, I don't know what you will need to get into the Campground. I will not be spending the night. I have no recovery gear besides factory hooks and a Portable Power Unit.

This is just an idea. Let me know some dates that will work for you. I know that there is going to be a Big Midwest meet sometime in May. So I'm thinking July/August. I have friends comeing up from Ohio in June so thats not gunna work for me.

I'm also in the process of lifting my TB, the way things are going for me I'll have it completed sometime in July(Lift, Tires and Spacers)I will let you know when its completed.

Again let me know if you are able.

I would be in for this where are the trails located? Me and my girl was talking about going up to Rogers city the around the 1st

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
you would prob have to leave me out lol I do not do trails, or else I would like to have a small meet

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
jham said:
I would be in for this where are the trails located? Me and my girl was talking about going up to Rogers city the around the 1st
April first?
Here are the maps. I have NEVER been out there. But I plan on getting out there before the meet. We will most likely go to the Bummers Roost Trails and slip into the black lake Trails.

http://www.midnr.com/publications/pdfs/forestslandwater/ORV/Maps-Trail/Bummers_roost.pdf

http://www.midnr.com/publications/pdfs/forestslandwater/ORV/Maps-Trail/Black_Lake_Trail.pdf

ItsOnVoy said:
you would prob have to leave me out lol I do not do trails, or else I would like to have a small meet
We could make it a 2 day meet. But I dunno if you/anyone would want to spend the money and get a hotel.

And BTW the Campground is free admission(Black LakeTrail Camp Campground), but there are druggies(from what I heard) that like to hang around there.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
My brother and I ride our bikes out there all the time :biggrin: Great Campground, I think its the best here in Presque Isle County(presk eel) we've stayed out there quite a few times!! The roads could be better there, lots of small pot hols that are filled but still bumpy. I shall warn you it will get pretty busy out there cause the annual Nautical Festival is the 2nd (dunno if you heard of it) but lot of people come from all over to this. *Nautical City Festival 2012 It will be even busyer due to the Airshow this year. You might have to reserve a spot with tons of people camping there during that week but I dunno for sure. Just a Heads Up. Dunno if you have been there or not so I'd thought Id share some info with ya.

ItsOnVoy said:

Thought of this last night, we could have tag alongs when we go weelin! Still come up and if you want to go weeling just tag along with someone else. My brother will probally come and posiabbly a friend, so I have room for 1. There is parking at the trails which is where we will start.

Should I Pm all of our Michigan Members informing them about this thread?

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
i got excited until i seen the trail riding part.......lol, well have fun guys and i'll eventually be able to make one of these meets i hope....

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
jham said:
will do. When ever the weathers good of Fridays I will be up at Green Acres

Sounds good, but its pretty rare that i get up there anymore, im on second shift so im not outta work until 11pm at the earliest.....i had that friday off that i met up with u.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
GotAir? said:
hmmmm, now thats an idea, lol.:lightbulb: Well, keep me posted on date, time and places and i'll let ya know if i'm free :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah same here let me know on it when it gets closer and Ill see how school and work looks at the time. :thumbsup:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Lets get a bit more serious, should we do a Day meet or a 2 day meet?
I'm thinking a day meet. This will be on a Saturday, as Sundays do not work for me.

Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(???)
ItsOnVoy(???)
jham(???)

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Cable810 said:
Lets get a bit more serious, should we do a Day meet or a 2 day meet?
I'm thinking a day meet. This will be on a Saturday, as Sundays do not work for me.

Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(???)
ItsOnVoy(???)
jham(???)

August 4th works for me

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
jham said:
August 4th works for me

One day works better than two for me, i have a newborn at home, but i could always come up for one of the days if you do a two day meet, as long as im not outta town or workin that weekend

joeredspecial

Mar 23, 2012
I'm usually busy over the summer, and I'm pretty broke at the moment so I'd probably have to skip this meet. I'd LOVE to take my truck on some trails and do some mild off roading, I've never had the chance to down here. I'm stock height, but I have 4WD and might be sliding a G80 on there in the near future. I won't say count me out just yet, but put me down for a most likely not :frown:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
joeredspecial said:
I'm usually busy over the summer, and I'm pretty broke at the moment so I'd probably have to skip this meet. I'd LOVE to take my truck on some trails and do some mild off roading, I've never had the chance to down here. I'm stock height, but I have 4WD and might be sliding a G80 on there in the near future. I won't say count me out just yet, but put me down for a most likely not :frown:

if your looking for a G80 I might be able to hook you up if you got 3.42 gears that is

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Yea this year doesnt look good for me... Broke at the moment and got to take care of alot things on the voy before I get the lift. Sorry it's not looking good for me this year..... Hopefully I will be able to make one

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
jham said:
if your looking for a G80 I might be able to hook you up if you got 3.42 gears that is

He he I got 3.42!! :offtopic: How much? :offtopic: Anyhow there is a guy from Offroadtb that wants on the list so.

Yea this year doesnt look good for me... Broke at the moment and got to take care of alot things on the voy before I get the lift. Sorry it's not looking good for me this year..... Hopefully I will be able to make one

That stinks.... I was really hoping you could make it

Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(Day Meet)
ItsOnVoy(???)
jham(Day Meet?)
rgraboske (???)-From Offroadtb(sen him here)

If we can roll this down with every post, and everyone fill in what works for them.

Next list will be recovery equipment.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Ordered my Lift, Struts, and Shocks today!!!!!! :wootwoot: :celebrate:

Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(Day Meet)
ItsOnVoy(???)
jham(Day Meet?)
If we can roll this down with every post, and EVERYONE fill in what works for them.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(Day Meet)
ItsOnVoy(???)
jham(August 4th?)

congrats on ordering you parts

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I am not so sure on this meet due to the fact it is so far away and I have 3 classes this summer on top of work and all. I will have to see about it some june or july or something. Still trying to see if I can make the big meet due to money and no hours lately :mad:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I am not so sure on this meet due to the fact it is so far away and I have 3 classes this summer on top of work and all. I will have to see about it some june or july or something. Still trying to see if I can make the big meet due to money and no hours lately :mad:

Get ur priorities straight. 1st nation...then everything else. How else u gettin to school??

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(Day Meet)
ItsOnVoy(???)
jham(August 4th?)

Thanks Jham.

I have done some calculation with my pay, I looks like I might have everything done by mid July. So that might work, But seen that JHam will be up in August why not do it then.... and I'm sure he dosn't want to come up twice. Maybe you and I can hook up or someting in July but I won't know If I could do it again in August. August 4th will be a day that I have to work...... Like I said Nautical Festival that week(August 2nd-5th) I will deffinitly be working the 4th, no way around it :tongue:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
Get ur priorities straight. 1st nation...then everything else. How else u gettin to school??

:rotfl: yeah no!! School first my friend!! :yes: lol

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
So I'm ahead of schedule! I hope.... Would anything work for ya'll in July??
Just as a FYI I sent a PM to Kutcher have yet to hear from him.

Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(Day Meet)
jham(Day Meet)

Maybe List:
ItsOnVoy
rgraboske
joeredspecial

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I am deff a maybe for July! If you can do after july 11 since that day I have a final and that way after it all just depends on work for me coming! Up to you guys! We should all meet up at the park we went to last year in October for a bbq :yes:

I know there a TON more MI members on here...lets here some voices guys!! I do not want to have to hunt you guys down :raspberry: lol

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
We should all meet up at the park we went to last year in October.

Where was the Park?

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
Cable810 said:
So I'm ahead of schedule! I hope.... Would anything work for ya'll in July??
Just as a FYI I sent a PM to Kutcher have yet to hear from him.

Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(Day Meet)
jham(Day Meet)

Maybe List:
ItsOnVoy
rgraboske
joeredspecial

If I'm not busy or the TB isn't in pieces I'm game!! Since I have family in Vanderbilt I can make it a weekend trip or a day trip, I like to drive lol. :thumbsup:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Kuchar09 said:
If I'm not busy or the TB isn't in pieces I'm game!! Since I have family in Vanderbilt I can make it a weekend trip or a day trip, I like to drive lol. :thumbsup:

Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(Day Meet)
jham(Day Meet)
Kuchar09(Day Meet)

Maybe List:
ItsOnVoy
rgraboske
joeredspecial

The list is growing!!! :wootwoot: Did you ever get my PM on ORTB??

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
Cable810 said:
Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(Day Meet)
jham(Day Meet)
Kuchar09(Day Meet)

Maybe List:
ItsOnVoy
rgraboske
joeredspecial

The list is growing!!! :wootwoot: Did you ever get my PM on ORTB??

Yes I did I was just busy working on the TB at the time and it slipped my mind... I have a bad habit at not commuting to meets until a week or 2 before they happen. :crazy:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I know there a TON more MI members on here...lets here some voices guys!! I do not want to have to hunt you guys down :raspberry: lol

ya I doubt many will show since the big Midwest meet was in Michigan and we had a staggering 4 Michigan members there
:hissyfit:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
jham said:
ya I doubt many will show since the big Midwest meet was in Michigan and we had a staggering 4 Michigan members there
:hissyfit:

:eek: :rotfl: So what works for you Jham? I know you Said August 3rd. Just wondering what other days might work.

Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(Day Meet)
jham(Day Meet)
Kuchar09(Day Meet)

Maybe List:
ItsOnVoy
rgraboske
joeredspecial

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Cable810 said:
:eek: :rotfl: So what works for you Jham? I know you Said August 3rd. Just wondering what other days might work.

Cable810(Day Meet)
GotAir?(Day Meet)
jham(Day Meet)
Kuchar09(Day Meet)

Maybe List:
ItsOnVoy
rgraboske
joeredspecial

any I am like Travis I like to drive. I will say I hope the trails you have picked out are wider than the ones me and Travis were on at the big meet.

Kuchar09

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
any I am like Travis I like to drive. I will say I hope the trails you have picked out are wider than the ones me and Travis were on at the big meet.

I'm with you!! Since I'll have fresh paint by then lol

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
jham said:

Ok this makes planing the event a little easyer! :wootwoot:I plan on getting out there sometime by the end of June(hopefully) to see what the Trails are like. You will need an ORV Sticker though :/

:wootwoot:

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
jham said:

Hmmm, interesting. I might be tempted if you firm up the date... I also love to drive!

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
P6034207.jpg

P6034208.jpg

:wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.