Fuse #49

White04

Original poster
Apr 5, 2017
NJ
Hello people! Im new here. hope im doin this right. My first question: im having tranz problem ( 04 Silverado 4x4) got five codes 0740,0753,0758,0785,2761 just watched a utube with similar problems (5codes) guy from this forum says fuse #47 is the key on a Trailblazer/envoy Great I understand what he's saying! On my 04 is there a fuse that controls the TRANZ ?? I think its fuse #49 (atslc) it was on a 00to06 fuse box diagram GMT800 But no such fuse in my 04 fuse box ??? My problem seems to be tranz is stuck in 2nd /3rd gear Any help/ideas would certainly be appreciated thanks

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Take a look at this page, and see if it reads like what you have. It just might be your ignition switch, per the TSB:
http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/59852-ses-light-codes-p0740-p0785-p1860/

If your trans was symptom-free before all those codes popped up, and your fluid looks full & otherwise OK - you just might be lucky (an ignition switch is easier / cheaper than a replacement trans). Several folks here have had to replace their ignition switches as well.

(note: as I scrolled down that page, it changed to one of those scam 'virus alert' pages - just close the page when you can, and access it again - it didn't bother me the second time. And make sure you've got your AV and FW on, just to be safe.)

I found that page via google just by copying / pasting the five codes you mentioned, so it looks to be a fairly common problem (or, at least, it's not 'unknown').

Good Luck!

White04

Original poster
Apr 5, 2017
NJ
Thanks Reprise!
But just changed my ign swt today NO LUCK! Now my quest is to find how tranz gets power!? My 04 doesnt seem to have a fuse !!?? If you or anyone knows of a fuse please let me know! Thanks again

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Thanks Reprise!
But just changed my ign swt today NO LUCK! Now my quest is to find how tranz gets power!? My 04 doesnt seem to have a fuse !!?? If you or anyone knows of a fuse please let me know! Thanks again

From what I see, there is *no* specific fuse for the transmission. Being an '04, your trans gets its power / instructions (really, just the instructions) from the Powertrain Control Module, or PCM. While there *are* two fuses for the PCM (#10 and #28, in the underhood box), if *either* of those were bad, the truck would probably not run (or not run very well) - because the PCM controls the engine, as well. So - be forewarned - if you pull those fuses, and especially if you have them out for any period of time - your PCM is going to 'forget' it's stored settings, and use a 'default' set until you complete a couple of driveability cycles.

With '05 and later, GM put a separate TCM in (you can guess what that stands for) for the trans. But you shouldn't have that (it's attached to the trans itself, if you were to have one).

Finally, if you decide you're going to pull fuses #10 and #28 just for the fun of it, check your owner's manual for the fuse box diagram - I6 and V8 models have a different box with different numbers.

Oh - one more thing. While there is a place for a fuse #49 - it's listed as 'blank'. So you may find a fuse there - and it may / may not be blown. But it's not supposed to control anything (I doubt it will be blown - but if it is, replace it - you won't hurt anything by doing so).

Hope that helps.

White04

Original poster
Apr 5, 2017
NJ
According to a wiring diagram, It looks like the IGN O fuse (IN DASH) controls the transmission solenoids. guess what,my ign o fuse checks good! But aleast i have a starting point now! I will be tracing wires tomorrow.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online