Funny spam

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Been a spam and scam tracker for over 15 years now. Sometimes I get some (while inspecting my filters) that makes me chuckle. Sometimes, against my own recommendations, I even reply to some of it.

IN:

> Hello
> This is Fsuod Bakhsh Ltd. We are Import/export Company based in pakistan .
> we are interested in purchasing your product, Can you send me your
> quotation list of your item?
>
> Sincerely
> Purchase Manager
> Fsuod Bakhsh Ltd

REPLY:

Yes.

1) Your shit is free.

2) Eat it.

3) PROFIT!

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Always keeping up the international relations?:rotfl:

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Spammers seem to remind me of Ferengi. Did I mention I've gotten more than one of them fired from their day jobs? :wootwoot: Domestic amateurs, not international professionals. Participated in lawsuits and won? Nothing's better than drinking a great bottle of wine paid for with spammer's money. :thumbsup:

View attachment 22228

Attachments

• 297935_294310970585415_122908054392375_1456846_1976191080_n.jpg
    297935_294310970585415_122908054392375_1456846_1976191080_n.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 11

snowbear

Dec 5, 2011
I've started signing the spammers up for insurance quotes, canadian pharmacies, email surveys & the like.

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
geoturtle said:
I've started signing the spammers up ...
Not sure where you're getting the email addresses you think belong to the spammers, but please don't think it's the address forged into the "from" field of the spam. Spamware (spamming software) needs legitimate addresses, or at least legitimate domain names, to get their crap past a certain class of filter. So they very often have a list of good addresses (from verified victim lists) that the spamware rotates through that field. By taking those addresses and entering them on forms, you're not hurting the spammers, and you may be harming a fellow spam victim. Please reconsider.

One of my addresses got on a spammer's "enemies list" and forged into spam a LOT ten years ago. When you wake up and your in-box has 10,000 rejection notices (called blowback) and your ISP gets a few dozen complaints about YOU sending the spam, it tends to get your attention. Of course, a professional abuse staff member looks at the detailed email headers and realizes your account was not used to SEND the spam, and they know all about forged "from" addresses, there's no permanent harm.

snowbear

Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Not sure where you're getting the email addresses you think belong to the spammers, but please don't think it's the address forged into the "from" field of the spam.
Will do.

The previous version of Mac's mail client allowed me to "bounce" emails, effectively sending an "invalid address" back to the origination. It seemed to reduce the number of crap mails, but I don't get that many to begin with. I usually just hit the delete button.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher