Full Size Lowering Springs

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
The OS is all over the map on whether it is 02-06 Tahoe springs or 07+ Tahoe springs that fit our platform. Is it both? If not, which years are correct? Is there a difference as between front and rear, i.e. to the front springs come from one set of years and the rear springs from a different set of years? Anyone know definitively?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Tahoe front springs of any year won't fit our struts.

I know for the rear lifting springs, the Tahoe/Avalanche spring perches changed for 2007+ to match ours. I have to assume lowering springs would be the same. Pre 2007 were different.

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Tahoe front springs of any year won't fit our struts.

I know for the rear lifting springs, the Tahoe/Avalanche spring perches changed for 2007+ to match ours. I have to assume lowering springs would be the same. Pre 2007 were different.

Well tickle me pink, I was afraid someone would say 07+ Tahoes. According to this thread, 3" lowering springs from Tahoe - Installed with pix - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum, Eibach part number 369-3887.520 is the correct part number for our platform. Google that part number (Eibach 3887.520 Eibach Pro-Truck Lowering Kits) and you come up with 06- Tahoes. :hissyfit:

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
jrSS said:
What is ur purpose??

Excellent question. My main purpose is not to lower for looks but to get rid of the sway/lean when changing lanes on the freeway at high speeds. I'm looking at Tahoe springs because I really don't care for the lowrider look that the Trailblazer specific ones have with a drop of over 2 inches. A 1.5 inch drop in the back combined with a .75 drop in the front with ss springs I would imagine would get me where I want to be.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Have u thought about maybe aftermarket sway bars?? But yes lowering the truck just a lil will make ur ride have less body roll. Eibach will prolly get u where u want if u don't wanna lower it too much as u said.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
What do the SS springs lower you too? I don't know if you could count me as lowered or not but I changed my struts and springs and I am at 32.5 in the front and 34.25 in the back.lol. I was thinking the tahoe springs would bring me dead even. Not to high jack the thread but how much ground clearence would you loose dropping to 33 in the back?

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
jrSS said:
Have u thought about maybe aftermarket sway bars?? But yes lowering the truck just a lil will make ur ride have less body roll. Eibach will prolly get u where u want if u don't wanna lower it too much as u said.

I have. However, the Voy handles quite well at lower speeds, i.e. cornering, which led me to believe the culprit was the springs?

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Pittdawg said:
I have. However, the Voy handles quite well at lower speeds, i.e. cornering, which led me to believe the culprit was the springs?

How much stiffer is the ride compared to stock? What are you sitting at in the rear? Stock shocks cant be used with these springs so what shocks are you using?

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
yes and we worked it out if you wanted to use the stock shocks you can.

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Now that my truck is actually quick, I can tell I need to replace the stock shocks asap. I decided to go stiffer in the rear than the front hoping to address the rear end floating issue. I'll go from there in terms of more suspension upgrades.

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Since they discontinued our platform's front reflex struts I went with Sensatracs. Received the front struts today. The box says Sensatrac on one side and Reflex on the other :confused: The actual strut has a Sensatrac label/sticker on it but has "Reflex" machine stamped into the actual encasing. The first pic shows the overall strut while the closeup shows the stamped Reflex lettering.

Attachments

• 20120723_192505.jpg
    20120723_192505.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20120723_192448.jpg
    20120723_192448.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 4

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Btw I emailed Monroe about these mystery struts and have not received any response. I will have them installed soon and will report back.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Pittdawg said:
Btw I emailed Monroe about these mystery struts and have not received any response. I will have them installed soon and will report back.

Did you measure the height with your OEM springs to compare to the Monroe's?

Sorry. I thought you were going with the complete assembly.

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
Did you measure the height with your OEM springs to compare to the Monroe's?

Sorry. I thought you were going with the complete assembly.

Ya just the front Sensatrac struts/shocks (according to Roadie they are technically shocks, IMHO they look like struts and Monroe calls them struts :confused:) and rear Reflex Monotube shocks. I am very much hoping the internals of the "Sensatracs" are Reflex as the Reflex are much more highly regarded than Sensatracs but for some reason Monroe has discontinued many Reflex lines including our front struts/shocks.

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Here is a pic of the Monotube...looks nice, wouldn't you agree?

Attachments

• 20120726_145526.jpg
    20120726_145526.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 6

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
"Thank you for contacting Tenneco Automotive. This is the correct unit. This unit is in our Sensa-trac line but this particular unit is using our reflex technology.

For further questions or assistance, please contact technical assistance at 734-384-7809 M - F 8:30am - 5:30pm EST.

Monroe Team Member"

:wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot:

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Pittdawg said:
"Thank you for contacting Tenneco Automotive. This is the correct unit. This unit is in our Sensa-trac line but this particular unit is using our reflex technology.

For further questions or assistance, please contact technical assistance at 734-384-7809 M - F 8:30am - 5:30pm EST.

Monroe Team Member"

:wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot:

What did these Eibach springs end up putting you at? I am looking for a stiffer rear end and I dont want the rear to lift 1.5 inches with Z71's and I would rather go with these......

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
03envoy said:
What did these Eibach springs end up putting you at? I am looking for a stiffer rear end and I dont want the rear to lift 1.5 inches with Z71's and I would rather go with these......

If you read all the posts you'll see I put off the springs for now and am just going with stiffer shocks. I'm gonna see how stiff the suspension is after swapping in Reflex shocks. If it takes care of the rear end wander I will stop there without moving onto springs and/or larger rear sway.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Pittdawg said:
If you read all the posts you'll see I put off the springs for now and am just going with stiffer shocks. I'm gonna see how stiff the suspension is after swapping in Reflex shocks. If it takes care of the rear end wander I will stop there without moving onto springs and/or larger rear sway.

O ok. I have the monroe's in the rear and they help the floating on the highway but still my reared wanders even with bilstein hd's up front and 81014 Moog's. Good luck please keep me posted! Thanks!

Pittdawg

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
03envoy said:
O ok. I have the monroe's in the rear and they help the floating on the highway but still my reared wanders even with bilstein hd's up front and 81014 Moog's. Good luck please keep me posted! Thanks!

There are 3 different Monroe shocks available for our rears, which Monroes did you go with?

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Pittdawg said:
There are 3 different Monroe shocks available for our rears, which Monroes did you go with?

Same as pictured above. The Reflex.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online