FULL Performance Makeover of a "Senior Silverado"

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
There is much more than mere entertainment here in watching this "Elder Chevy" Pick Up Truck going through a complete transformation into an Updated and Powerful Road Machine. This Video is KEEPER because it has implications for anyone living in the arid states where they often park 60 year old Airplanes in the Desert and Moth Ball them Bone Dry. Vehicles in such climes almost never decay in the Body and Under Body areas to the extent of The Rust Belt and the Great White North Vehicles.

You folks just east of the Rockies are more likely to find Older Chevrolet Trucks in the Automotive Bone Yards that would make putting forth so much money, time and effort into this kind of conversion worth your while. It may even have some implications for anyone with an otherwise perfect Envoy or Trailblazer sitting on Cinder Blocks due to having a high mileage 4.2L LL8 Motor that went sideways. The FAST Engine Tuning covered here using a Self Learning Fuel Injected Computer on this 383 Build will interest you.

There are also some great tips about the Complete Paint and Body Repair, Front and Rear End Fascia Upgrades, installing a 383 Pre-Built Stroker Short Block Motor via Final Engine Assembly and views into how "The Pros" Rebuild the 4L60E Transmission.

They also cover Full Brakes overhaul, Front Suspension Rebuild, along with installing lowering the Truck Bed Frame components on the 5"-6" Format. There is also R&R of the Exhaust and CAT Pipe via TIG Welding that will interest ANYONE with modest mechanical imagination. And the one item shown that is nearest and dearest to my Heart is FINALLY getting to see someone showing "How to PROPERLY Pack Grease into Beveled Roller Bearings"...a VERY rare moment on Youtube!

Finally, Its no secret that as much as I love my Blue 2000 Silverado... perhaps more than most folks, I REALLY appreciated seeing how much Great Hardware and Performance upgrades can STILL be done to an Early Model 1990s Chevrolet Trucks. Please ...enjoy this interesting 2 + Hour Show:

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online