Fuel Sending Unit

Vicompc

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
My fuel sending unit finally decided it was time to die the other day. I'm taking it to GM due to the extended warranty on the sending unit what I found interesting is that they sell the sender seperate from the pump (every ther GM I've owned they are together). Would you have the pump replaced at the same time? I have 103,000 miles on the TB.:undecided:

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Vicompc said:
My fuel sending unit finally decided it was time to die the other day. I'm taking it to GM due to the extended warranty on the sending unit what I found interesting is that they sell the sender seperate from the pump (every ther GM I've owned they are together). Would you have the pump replaced at the same time? I have 103,000 miles on the TB.:undecided:

I would ask them to examine the pump,while it is down, and if there is any corrosion on it, replace the pump.

will depend on where it has been driven in the winters.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Vicompc said:
Would you have the pump replaced at the same time? I have 103,000 miles on the TB.:undecided:

I would. I know it's a little early by my GM pump interval (120k) but since the labor is cut in half might as well do it now.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Rocking 171k and original pump. The wiring developed a short in the plug somehow but that was fixable without dropping the tank.

If I had to drop the tank to fix it however I'd have been really tempted to replace the pump at the same time. Daggone things are so darn expensive though :frown:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online