NEED HELP Fuel pump relay

WhiteWolf

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Arizona
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4.2L
I need to replace my fuel pump relay. However, no matter what website I go to I'm presented with 3 options. All 3 are compatible but all 3 have different amperage. Which one is the correct one?! This is literally the last thing I need to do. I did test the relay by switching it with the horn relay. Yes my horn does work, but when I connect the fuel pump relay to the horn. The horn did not work. The amps I'm presented with are 40, 20, & 10. Another website gave me one more, 35 amps. Please help!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
@Mooseman is right; given the choice, go with GM OE. FWIW, my '03 Suburban with the 5.3L V8 uses the same part #. The fuse for this circuit (in my case "PCM B") is 20A (you would not want the relay to have a rating equal to or less than the fuse rating).

WhiteWolf

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Arizona
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING SO QUICKLY!
Mooseman I believe this is the 3rd time you have helped me, so again thank you.
Azswiss the fuse for me is the same "PCM B" 20amps. You stated that the relay should not be equal to or less than the fuse, 20amps.
I can't remember where I read this, in my Chilton repair manual or online, but is this because of the deduction that goes through the relay & the fuse? I believe it is 0.4 amps or volts, can't remember which one it is.
Again thank you Mooseman & Azswiss!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online