fuel map reset after cat replacement?

JayArr

Original poster
Sep 24, 2018
Mission BC Canada
Hi All

I just replaced a clogged cat on my 05 Envoy XL. I also cleaned a set of fuel injectors and installed new filters, o-rings and caps and installed them.

The vehicle has a lot more power and is more responsive but is a little twitchy at low RPM in the parking lot.

I wonder if over the years the PCM has "learned" and adapted to the clogging of the cat and the injectors getting dirty. I've heard of a fuel map, does it get updated as the vehicle ages?

Is there a way to reset this "map" to factory default and then let the PCM relearn how the car operates with a new cat and clean injectors?

I have a Tech II clone and I've reset all the DTCs, I'm now wondering if there is something further to do.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I would think you would want to start with a battery unplug, and clean throttle body, so it can have a good base line to start off with. At least thats what I would recommend for the 4.2 LL8

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
My understandings are that a reset of DTC's does not exactly reset the engine operating values to -0- base line. Im not even sure that battery disconnect does that. My readings on this forum indicate it helps when replacing/cleaning various parts (particularly the throttle body) to help in getting some of the values back to base line. Beyond that, I am still learning.. Maybe a case relearn? @Mooseman or one of the others that knows a lot more than I do should be able to help further.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher