Fuel lines

07_Envoy

Original poster
May 1, 2012
Hey have any of you guys ever replaced the steel fuel lines? Are there a direct replacement for them?

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4.2 or 5.3 engine? I didn't see anything listed in your profile about your vehicle.
I'm sure the other guys can give you a better answer but, I think the fuel lines are two part lines. plastic/plastic covered near the gas tank and metal lines connected at the engine.

Plastic line near tank

Metal lines connected to the engine

I would buy a set of the fuel retaining clips as well. They tend to break when you get impatient trying to disconnect them.

Fuel retaining clips

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, it is posted in the 4.2 engine section so I would assume 4.2. I don't think it matters much except at the engine end. They both use the same pump too with the same returnless system. Replacing the clips is a good idea.

Question would be why you are replacing them? Rust? Damaged?

Reactions: xavierny25

07_Envoy

Original poster
May 1, 2012
Sorry my bad it’s a 2007 slt with the 4.2l. Lately I have been smelling fuel. Now after the truck sits for a couple hours it loses its prime. The truck has A puddle of fuel under the drivers door. So I climbed under the truck today and right above the transfer case where the plastic line meets the metal line about 2” forward the fuel line is rusted out and fuel is leaking out. I am not sure if it is a feed or return

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There is no return so it is feed.

07_Envoy

Original poster
May 1, 2012
So I guess the other line may be a vapour line?

There should be no fuel in that vapour line?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online