Fuel line

Mjmcfarl3

Original poster
Jun 12, 2018
Florids
Vehicle is currently at shop needing fuel supply and return lines.
Shop where it's at said they called all over and no one has it.
When I called dealer they said the lines are discontinued and I should try the boneyard, but we all know that's a crapshoot. Plus with my luck some dickhead was prolly at the boneyard to get something else and they either bent or cut it.

This is why I am asking on here if anyone knows anywhere that would have these lines!! Please I don't wanna send my vehicle to the yard over a stupid part.
So if anyone knows anywhere I could get these lines please let me know ASAP!! This is an emergency!!

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Is it for the 04 you have?

You can try this website, they appear to have fuel lines for available for mostly any car/truck. This is what comes up when I search for the fuel lines for that model year + 4.2/5.3 engines.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The shop could make their own with Nickel-Copper lines. And as seen in this video, even the ends can be crimped to the proper type for the plastic fittings. Or do like I did and use a Dorman double ended connector for the tank's plastic line and a compression fitting at the other. Not pretty but will work.

Mjmcfarl3

Original poster
Jun 12, 2018
Florids
Mike- what website is that? I didnt see a link or web address in your reply
Mooseman- I hope they do something quick about it. They've had it a week now.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What year is your Rainier? 05+ don't have return lines, only a supply line.

RockAuto seems to have the lines. Checked for '04 (return system) and '05+ (returnless) and all seem to be available.

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
EDIT: Ah! Wait! My bad, you have the 5.3. Yes, supposedly all of those are available at Rockauto.

Rockauto apparently has a 2 day delay on the feed line with remote filter. There's this one:

Summit racing has some as well, but with a 5 day delay.

What's actually wrong with yours? They all rusted through? There are universal kits that could
temporarily be patched in if the end connectors can be salvaged. I can't find info on whether
any of those kits comes with the right connectors by default, but you could check. Summit had those kits as well. So even if you got some from the boneyard, as long as the connectors were good,
something could be patched in.

As Mooseman said, any shop ought to be able to make their own as well.

Good Luck!

Chris

Mjmcfarl3

Original poster
Jun 12, 2018
Florids
When I contacted rock auto they said those are not the right lines for what I need. Those are the lines are the ones from tank to filter. I need from filter to fuel rail.

I called shop earlier they said they found the correct lines from linestogo.com and they were waiting for delivery!! Hopefully they got sent the right lines!! *fingers crossed*
I'm excited that I'm gonna have it back, not excited to see the bill.

Reactions: C-ya

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
The link was in the word "this".

@Mike534x

That's why I use the underline function when I link something that doesn't automatically turn into a very visible hyperlink as most people will notice the underline and hover over it and see the link. Either that or I'll just paste the link in link form if I really want it to be seen.

I think this software (on the web/PC) has a link function that makes it visible as a link. Not sure about mobile.

@Mjmcfarl3 , hopefully they have the right part(s) coming. I know what you mean about the bill. I am less than thrilled when I have to send mine to the shop for something I can't do. Although I am going to give my shop a big WTF over my most recent issue, the underhood fuse block. They thought that was the cause of my no start issue, but said they were $200 used and $1,000 new. Lying bass turds (sic). I got a brand new one from a GM dealer online for $203 shipped. I'll let them know the next time they try that crap, my business will go elsewhere, as will my referrals. I use them for tire mounting and alignments mainly, and send friends and co-workers their way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online