Fuel Leak

xtremeskier97

Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
I found a fuel leak this morning on my truck and took a picture of where it was. I need to know what this is called so I can get it replaced.

Here is a picture:

View attachment 21600

Im stuck right now until I get this fixed, so any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 2012-06-28_08-13-09_211.jpg
    2012-06-28_08-13-09_211.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 14

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Fuel pressure regulator.

xtremeskier97

Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
Thanks Roadie! Got it ordered.

I left the hood opened after I turned off the engine and took that picture. When I went back out a little while later, it was all dried up. I started the engine again and watched it but it wouldnt leak. Is it common for it to leak intermittently?

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Can you watch it and see when it does leak if it is coming from the seam or where the line goes into it, if it is just at the line(s) then you just need a new o-ring most likely.

xtremeskier97

Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
I sat there and watched it for several minutes and it never leaked again that I saw...BUT...seeings how it was wet on the side facing me (drivers side of truck), then I would assume that it's leaking at the seam.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
xtremeskier97 said:
I sat there and watched it for several minutes and it never leaked again that I saw...BUT...seeings how it was wet on the side facing me (drivers side of truck), then I would assume that it's leaking at the seam.

Well then yea, I would say it has failed somehow. Don't see that very often but I am betting it is cheap especially at rock auto... Imma look it up real quick.

Well, I was wrong about cheap... 56.79 at RockAuto for the Delphi part.

Srmva

Aug 29, 2012
McGMT said:
Well then yea, I would say it has failed somehow. Don't see that very often but I am betting it is cheap especially at rock auto... Imma look it up real quick.

Well, I was wrong about cheap... 56.79 at RockAuto for the Delphi part.

Had this same failure this past week. Noticed a fuel smell from the vents. More pronounced when stopped at a light.
the fuel was leaking from the seam. 2004 XUV 102,000 miles.

On another note, when researching fuel leaks on the Envoy, I find it strange that VA is not included in the extended warranty period for the fuel tank leaks. Surley Va. is in the "SALT USE BELT". West VA and DC is included. Has anyone in VA had any luck getting their Envoy covered?

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Srmva said:
Had this same failure this past week. Noticed a fuel smell from the vents. More pronounced when stopped at a light.
the fuel was leaking from the seam. 2004 XUV 102,000 miles.

On another note, when researching fuel leaks on the Envoy, I find it strange that VA is not included in the extended warranty period for the fuel tank leaks. Surley Va. is in the "SALT USE BELT". West VA and DC is included. Has anyone in VA had any luck getting their Envoy covered?

when I had my TB towed to the dealer with the leaking fuel pump, they did not even want to call GM. perhaps the 143k miles had something to do with it. I had mine registered in VA since 2003.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online