NEED HELP Fuel leak

byteme

Original poster
Jun 21, 2019
shado001
so had to pull the starter and replace the solenoid i was trig to be careful but im guessing i moved or breathed on one of the fuel lines and now its seeping line in front of it seems okay and lower section seems good I want to section it but not sure on the diameter of hi-pressure line i will need can some one advise please .

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I'm not sure which part of the high-pressure line that you cracked. You could just remove it and take it down to a local parts store.

Those plastic clips are a pain and you'll more than likely be forced to break them. Try not to though, because they are expensive. They are about $10 for a pack of 2.

I know Auto Zone usually has a good assortment of fuel lines available. They should be able to hook you up pretty easily.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Did you find a break in the line? Otherwise you may have just found a loose O-ring on one of the quick connections. Fairly easy to replace the O ring.........
If you broke the line, cheapest option is at the wreckers/PYP

byteme

Original poster
Jun 21, 2019
shado001
Did you find a break in the line? Otherwise you may have just found a loose O-ring on one of the quick connections. Fairly easy to replace the O ring.........
If you broke the line, cheapest option is at the wreckers/PYP
its on the steel line near the starter

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Good! In that case, you can use use a brass compression union replace the bad section. It can easily take the 50psi line pressure. I did it on another vehicle several months ago and its still repaired.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Don't forget to pull the fuel pump relay and attempt to start the vehicle to relieve the pressure from the fuel line, before you start cutting the brass lines.

byteme

Original poster
Jun 21, 2019
shado001
Good! In that case, you can use use a brass compression union replace the bad section. It can easily take the 50psi line pressure. I did it on another vehicle several months ago and its still repaired.
ran 3/8th hi pressure fuel line and hi pressure clamps . what a bugger to do had to drop front drive shaft as far as i could to get to some less rusty line .

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Eric "O" from South Main Auto shows his method to perform the R&R of a Rusted Through Fuel Line replacing the damaged section (and longer) with a coil of 3/8" Fuel Proof Black Nylon Gas Line and some "Fancy Fittings and some Handy Line Compression Tools" on a contemporary GM Vehicle. Please observe that at around 36 Minutes into this Video... Eric clarifies that, "You Do NOT need these Fancy Tools to get this Job Done..." :

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online