Fuel Injector Removal?

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
OK, I've got the head off without removing the pan and want to strip the head before sending it to the machine shop. I have removed all the bolts and wiring from the fuel rail and while all the injectors move, they are not popping out with slight pressure from a pinch bar. Is there a trick here? I do not want to break anything!

Thanks!

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
Gordo said:
OK, I've got the head off without removing the pan and want to strip the head before sending it to the machine shop. I have removed all the bolts and wiring from the fuel rail and while all the injectors move, they are not popping out with slight pressure from a pinch bar. Is there a trick here? I do not want to break anything!

Thanks!

Mine came out with just slight pressure. You might have corrosion behind your o-rings or something that's making it harder for you. WTF is a pinch bar?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
limequat said:
WTF is a pinch bar?

It's what us Aussies, limeys and Canadians call a crow bar.

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
limequat said:
Mine came out with just slight pressure. You might have corrosion behind your o-rings or something that's making it harder for you. WTF is a pinch bar?

A pinch bar is a Canadian pry bar!! I'll spray some Gibbs on them and try again tomorrow!

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
Are the injectors stuck in the head, rail or both? You know that there's clips that hold them to the rail?

edit: you Canadians are weird.

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
I am trying to pull them all at once, still attached to the rail. Do I need to disconnect them from the rail or should I pull them one by one?

Dec 4, 2011
limequat said:
Are the injectors stuck in the head, rail or both? You know that there's clips that hold them to the rail?

edit: you Canadians are weird.

Please define WEIRD. We thought it was you Americans that were weird and we were the normal ones LOL :Rumour:

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
I am trying to pull them all at once still attached to the rail. I am taking the head to the machine shop Monday to refresh the valves and new stem seals. Just want to strip everything breakable off the head before I take it in.

Gordo

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Solved! Soaking in Gibbs overnight did the trick, still had one sticking and the cup stayed behind. Managed to work it out though, glad I had the head on the bench to accomplish this. Is there a way to clean, check the injectors now that they are out?

Thanks,

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
Gordo said:
Solved! Soaking in Gibbs overnight did the trick, still had one sticking and the cup stayed behind. Managed to work it out though, glad I had the head on the bench to accomplish this. Is there a way to clean, check the injectors now that they are out?

Thanks,

since you do have the injectors off you can only do a visual inspection.

[video=youtube;3mnA0cnXckg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mnA0cnXckg[/video]

[video=youtube;dp-ECEpN52k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp-ECEpN52k[/video]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online