fuel filter replacement ,something wrong

lint

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Just took my fuel filter off and in front of the clips there was a peace of black plastic tube about 3/8 of a in wide came off with them ,and one of the o rings too.Im sure this is not part of the fuel filter and is part of the fuel lines, can i buy these parts or am I blank out of luck. i don't think the lines will go tight without it .

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's probably similar to the ones at the fuel pump. You might be able to rig something up using the same method I used.
Fuel pump pipe seal and collar

lint

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
It's probably similar to the ones at the fuel pump. You might be able to rig something up using the same method I used.
Fuel pump pipe seal and collar
Thanks Mooseman That looks like the easiest way , I was going to put 2 or 3 or 4 o rings on each side not sure if that would work ...Thanks for the link I looked before I posted but didn't seem to poll anything up.Thanks again

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

lint

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I got the one fixed but the other one i had to buy the 90 degree connector like you linked to and cut the line and connected it with a dorman quick connect .download.jpg

Reactions: Mooseman

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
I had to cut off the entire fitting with the schrader valve at the filter to change my fuel filter. I replaced it with the straight fittings and those Dorman quick connects. Seems to be holding so far, but I ordered a couple of 90-degree connectors because the straight connectors require longer fuel lines with a couple of curves in them.

Not too sure what I am going to do about a schrader valve if I ever need to measure fuel pressure. I am hoping my fuel pressure tester also has some plain T-fittings I can use!

Reactions: Redbeard

lint

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I had to cut off the entire fitting with the schrader valve at the filter to change my fuel filter. I replaced it with the straight fittings and those Dorman quick connects. Seems to be holding so far, but I ordered a couple of 90-degree connectors because the straight connectors require longer fuel lines with a couple of curves in them.

Not too sure what I am going to do about a schrader valve if I ever need to measure fuel pressure. I am hoping my fuel pressure tester also has some plain T-fittings I can use!
Yeah i got one fixed and cut the other off and put the 90 degree on just couldn't get the strait one on .wish i would have cut both off now after finding the quick connects

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online