fuel filler pipe searching

Tankcruiser

Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
Toledo
been looking for that particular fuel filler neck/pipe...
some say out of stock its 300 bucks from gmpartsgiant.com
found spectra on amazon but bad reviews and other issues turned it out of question for me.
seems like theres different p/n for it...
the hoses are fine and the clamps too just rust replacement job since i already replace fuel pump in 85 degrees humid weather.....

anything helps here and thank you GMTNATION!!!👍

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I can only see one part number for everything from 2005-09. Did find this one on Amazon. Don't know anything about this brand and it only has one rating of 5 stars.

Used the original part number 25965858 to search.

Tankcruiser

Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
Toledo
thanks will look into
also this is hard to find too >> frame crossmember 15076943
mine rotted out at muffler area.... and snapped 2 bolts off they are mostly gone rusty crusty.....
50 bucks for this part seems like

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You'd probably have better luck at the PnP yard for something like that. It's NLA at dealers.

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
I used one of the Spectra fuel filler neck/pipe, bought from Autozone on my 04. First problem was the fuel cap didn't fit, found out after it was installed. Went back to the store, found one that fit.
Three years later the rubber hose between the neck and steel tube split, can't find that as a seperate part. Went back to Autozone, they told me it had a lifetime warranty, gave me a new one no charge.

• Angry
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Given the safety aspect of this part, you would think that it would last longer. The OEM hoses usually last the life of the vehicle.

coolride

Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
I bought a Spectra fuel filler pipe. I was less than satisfied with the quality. It's junky and the OEM cap didn't fit. If you must go that route, Get a Spectra cap.

Tankcruiser

Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
Toledo
thanks folks whole thing with neck got me disappointed with aftermarket industry this is beyond terrible
i removed it and wire wheel it seems to be ok ish
used hi zinc spray to stop the rust action seems to work good on other items and will coat it with paint just humidty is the issue today

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online