Fuel door fixed.

tcurlee

Original poster
Mar 28, 2015
My fuel door on my 05 Envoy was sagging a bit in the closed position and I unwisely tried to maneuver it back to make it straight and heard a snap and enter one floppy fuel door !! couldn't find a thread on it so looked on youtube and found only some slightly helpful views. Most were broke where the end of the spring hangs on the bracket. In my case, the rod that holds the bracket that bolts to the car to the fuel door hinge rusted through ( after 14 years and 200,000 miles ). It was actually rust-welded together where it connects to each other so I had to drill it out. I used a large cotter pin I had laying around as a sub. and it worked just fine. The hard part of this job is getting that damn spring to go back in. The tension on that is no joke. I started my quest for answers on this over on 'What did you do to your Envoy? ' threads and Mooseman wisely tossed me over here but I fixed it but wanted to mention it anyway in case someone else has this problem. One day i'll find the time and learn how to put pics up on here as that would be way more helpful.

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Thanks. Have any pics of this fix?

tcurlee

Original poster
Mar 28, 2015
Seems I never remember to take pics until after its all done especially when I'm flyin' by the seat of my pants as it is ! ...and, I have to figure out how to send pics anyway.

Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online