Fuel cap

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Hey guys,I replaced my fuel cap with a Napa brand cap, and now to get it off, I have to grab the whole cap and turn it hard as I can to get it to unlock.. Anyone else had this issue, or what brands have you all had?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
When I had the EVAP check engine light, I picked up my AC Delco gas cap from the dealership. It was only $15 and it came with the tether, ACDELCO Part # GT291.

Rock Auto has the gas cap for $11.36, but with shipping it all evened out for me which is why I went to the dealership.

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
dmanns67 said:
When I had the EVAP check engine light, I picked up my AC Delco gas cap from the dealership. It was only $15 and it came with the tether, ACDELCO Part # GT291.

Rock Auto has the gas cap for $11.36, but with shipping it all evened out for me which is why I went to the dealership.
May have to pick one up then, mine was like $10ish.. And the wife can't open the one we have now, so gonna have to figure something out soon

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Midnyteryder196 said:
May have to pick one up then, mine was like $10ish.. And the wife can't open the one we have now, so gonna have to figure something out soon
Wonder why the fit is so tight? Wonder if the threads on the plastic is not in the correct position or are oversized :undecided:

Like with most things on the TB, it loves the AC Delco parts. I try to stick with that brand as much as possible whne it comes to different components like that.

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online