Front Windshield Distortion

oldog

Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Richmond, VA
Since purchasing my 2008 9-7x last year I've cleaned my windshield in every way possible, including polishing, razor blade, various chemicals, baking soda, etc. This includes both exterior and interior. Still have a pattern/distortion that drives me nuts.

I am guessing the plastic sandwiched between the glass has distorted somehow. Maybe from sun/heat? This is the acoustic type windshield glass. Not sure if it's on all GMT360s.

It's really hard to get a good photo of this but it's very noticeable particularly at night or when the sun angle is low.

Anybody else have this problem?

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
I had it on the passenger side of my '03 Envoy. 'Twas annoying, but there really isn't anything I could have done except have another windshield installed, and that was not something I wanted to do just for the slight distortion. I simply got used to it.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I use a (black) dash cover on my Envoy...not for this, but to eliminate the reflection of the dash across the entire inner windshield surface. I wonder if something like that could help the OP?

I got mine from Auto Anything for about $30 US (they're custom sewn b/c of the sunlight sensor / defroster, center dash vents, etc.) And they did take mine back on an exchange when the dk gray I first ordered didn't work so well to block the reflection.

oldog

Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Richmond, VA
Thanks for the feedback. I was curious is this was common to the platform or perhaps specific to the acoustic glass in the 9-7x.

smt 59

This was one of the biggest issues for this platform, there was a recall and or bulletin back in the day. Mine was replaced twice under warranty.

oldog

Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Richmond, VA
Here's one.

00-08-48-005D SEPTEMBER 2010 Body - Vehicle Glass Distortion Information

They are blaming automatic car washes.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Forum Statistics

Threads