Front right headlight and right tail light flickering

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Hey guys,
Today my right headlight went out and my rear right tail light flickers. I checked the connections and tried a different ballast for the headlight but the same.

I'm not too sure which fuses to check. Any ideas? For those that don't know. I got CCFL halo projectors and hids up front and Bermuda tail lights. The halos on the front right headlight is working fine.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow morning but maybe by then could get a few more ideas ! Thanks

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
fadyasha said:
Hey guys,
Today my right headlight went out and my rear right tail light flickers. I checked the connections and tried a different ballast for the headlight but the same.

I'm not too sure which fuses to check. Any ideas? For those that don't know. I got CCFL halo projectors and hids up front and Bermuda tail lights. The halos on the front right headlight is working fine.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow morning but maybe by then could get a few more ideas ! Thanks

For the passenger side low beam I'll toss you a hint. Your starting point is somewhere on this image of your trusty manual...

I6Front1.jpg

For your tails, what part of the light is flickering? Parking light, turn signal, brake light (guessing not reverse) or does it happen during multiple applications? Need more details.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Are you running a harness where both HID's are controlled by one headlight plug?

If you are, the bulb itself may be bad. Actually, the bulb could be bad either way.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Carlton thanks. The upper part is flickering when lights are on. Brakes and turn signals fine.

I'll check the bulb if gone bad. Strange it happened together so thought may be related lol

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Update: it wasnt the fuses.

Headlight: turned out to be the ballast. The earlier one tried out turned out to be toast
Taillight: I hooked up the left tail on the right connection and lit up perfectly. The righ taillight doesn't flicker anymore but the leds on the upper part are mostly fried.

These bermuda tails look good but suck in quality! I know what i`ll be doing this weekend lol! So much to do and still need to flush my radiator :s

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The questionable quality and the sheer price of them are the two things that kept me away from a set of those. Just boggles my mind how they charge so much for something so cheaply made.

I've had my Eagle Eyes LED tails and while I have not been impressed with their rather crappy aftermarket projector headlights for vehicles, these tails have been great.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Sparky said:
The questionable quality and the sheer price of them are the two things that kept me away from a set of those. Just boggles my mind how they charge so much for something so cheaply made.

I've had my Eagle Eyes LED tails and while I have not been impressed with their rather crappy aftermarket projector headlights for vehicles, these tails have been great.

I have the eagle eye projectors but soon to be dropped for a retrofit. Could you post a pic of your led tails? I've had enough of the Bermuda failing me. I've replaced leds in them so many times and resistors. They're plain crap!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Man that really sucks, I thought that was you who cracked the tails open to replace some dead LEDs a while back... Kinda makes me paranoid that something similar is gonna happen to my Depo tails, but so far, so good...
wish.gif

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Man that really sucks, I thought that was you who cracked the tails open to replace some dead LEDs a while back... Kinda makes me paranoid that something similar is gonna happen to my Depo tails, but so far, so good...
wish.gif

Lol I did it first time without resisters then twice by professional dude with resisters but same shit lol

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Pics that you requested of mine. Don't mind the dirty truck and the rusty liftgate...

All off

ledtails.jpg

Running lights

runninglights.jpg

Brakes

brake2.jpg

Brakes + Hazards

brake_haz.jpg

Closer look

closeup.jpg

runclose.jpg

brake.jpg

run_turn.jpg

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Thanks man those look nice! They're growing more on me by the minute. Saw them on eBay but seems the plug is different. Will post a pic of my plug later on today. Mine is a Japanese TB

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Just remembered got spare tails at home. Here's my plug, is it the same? Thankssss

829528ad.jpg

cd1468fa.jpg

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
So decided to give my Bermuda lights one last chance cuz love them lol! Took them to a professional guy that does this for a living. First pic is some of his work:

b0d56c4a.jpg

Tb naked in the back

64017b40.jpg

Work in progress
d90254ba.jpg

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
the roadie said:
Looks good! I have to point out an area that not all the neat freaks are detailing properly, and they might be accumulating a butt-load of dust and dirt in this place:

:rotfl:

View attachment 7527

Lol thanks! You're right and I had just washed my truck this morning :s

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Got my Tails back the same day but didn't get a chance to post the pix! Here they are shining bright ! They're like brand new, and the guy gave me a 1 year warranty :thumbsup:

ea428971.jpg

7c4d01b2.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hopefully they last a lot longer than that, and you're not posting another thread like this in 13 months! :hopeless: :mad: :hissyfit:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Hopefully they last a lot longer than that, and you're not posting another thread like this in 13 months! :hopeless: :mad: :hissyfit:

looooool I hope not bro!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online