front passenger side sagging

jrthomas05

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
A few months ago I replaced my struts. my oem struts where shot had 140k on them. I went and picked up napa quickstruts. Now im noticing my passenger side is riding a inch lower then drivers side. Ive replaced sway bar links and bushing at the same time due to them being wore out. What would cause it to sit uneven. Its not affecting drive ability it just annoys me.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe a bad spring from the factory? Or it wasn't sitting properly in the notches, either in the mount or at the bottom.

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
Yes, double check the install and make sure the strut and spring are sitting in the seats correctly. If so, it's most likely a sagging spring.

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the blazer come the factory with one side lower than the other. I swear on everything norcalss talked about it on tbss

jrthomas05

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
I haven't had time to check it out. Figured since they was quickstruts wouldn't have no problem with them. Not sure if its related but i did a g80 swap a while back and from talking with a few people that the rear springs have different spring rates and could cause this. Im not sure since the rear is sitting level.

jrthomas05

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
ok a little update. had my truck at a friends shop last weekend and checked and everything is seated correctly. I did measure and my passenger side front and back is close to a inch lower. im thinking about switching around the rear springs and see if it makes a difference.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online