Front end suspension rattle

Flatbroke

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Hi everyone

I have a 06 TB 4.2 I6 and six months ago replaced front and rear sway bar bushings, and front and rear sway bar end links, then after a month or so the vehicle developed a front end clunk. I found the cause of that problem (nuts on the end links backed off) used red locktite on all the links except the left rear upper as that is next to the gas tank and don't want to use any heat if I have to replace it at a later date.

Now a similar problem as developed on the front end again only this time it sounds more like a sheet metal rattle and not a clunk when going over bumps but does not happen all the time, depends on speed and severity of bump. So my plan now is to raise the front of the TB, remove the wheels and place a bottle jack under the lower control arm and see if I can detect any play in ball joints and links.

As anyone had a similar experience with this, Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also would like to apologise for my English grammar Thanks.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Check your heat shield on the exhaust.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Some owners have found the hood rattles if the threaded stops are a bit too low.

Or rocks on top of the oil pan skid shield if you have one of those. Or any of the frame mounted crossmembers.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScannerHeath

Members Online