Front end squealing is driving me nuts.

Medic3166

Original poster
Mar 26, 2017
NJ
This front end noise in my Envoy is driving me insane. I first noticed it a few weeks ago. It sounds like a high-pitched grinding noise from the front right wheel that's present while driving straight & gets louder on left turns.

I replaced the front pads and rotors (they needed to be changed anyway). No change
The right side wheel hub has been getting louder so I changed that. No change in noise.
The rotor dust shield was a little bent so I changed that when I did the hub. No change.

Nothing seems to be rubbing against the rotor. When I jack up the front end and spin the wheel I can't hear anything grinding or rubbing.

Anyone have a clue as to what else could be causing this? I haven't gotten any helpful replies on Facebook groups or Reddit.

2006 Envoy SLE 4wd, currently at 94,500 mi.

Link to thread with video

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
If it still seems to get louder on left turns, you may have to change the left hub.

I know this sounds opposite to common practice, but trust me on this one - half the people who changed hubs in this forum found out it was the one opposite to what they thought it was. (Me included.)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online