Front disconnect assembly

Trailblazer07

Original poster
May 2, 2021
Mn
Hey guys recently got a 2007 trailblazer from my dad and before giving it to me we decided to replace the Front disconnect assembly to fix the 4wd problem he was having. After we finished replacing the assembly and getting everything bolted back up we now have a service 4wd light on and when we try and put the truck in 4wd the indicator just flashes repeatedly but the truck does seem to actually be going into 4wd. For example I had it in 4wd low to test it and and was only going a few mphs and couldn’t turn very sharp so I thought it was maybe a connector to the actuator. We went for a drive and I flipped it into auto and it grinded slightly. At this point we’re just looking for second opinions before tearing it back apart again. Any help would be huge!
TIA!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sounds like your disconnect is working properly. I'd concentrate on the encoder motor. Best thing would be to scan for codes. Most scanners aren't able to scan for these codes however, an ELM327 with the Car Gauge Pro app on Android is able to scan for all codes. This should pinpoint what the problem is.

One thing you could try is, with the ignition off, just move the selector switch back and forth multiple times to clean the contacts.

Trailblazer07

Original poster
May 2, 2021
Mn
Okay we can check the encoder motor later this week and let you know. Only thing that’s strange is I never had the service 4wd light come on until after we swapped the disconnect that’s why we thought maybe something was still goofy with the disconnect

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The disconnect rarely throws a code or light, which is why I mentioned the encoder motor.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.