Front Differential Inner Seal

SAABv8tor

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
2007 Saab 5.3L AWD

So after replacing my Outer Seal twice, I have now realized that the Inner Seal has been the culprit all along. In searching the forum, everyone seems to completely remove the differential to replace this seal. My question is... Is there room to rotate the differential enough to R&R the seal WITHOUT removing it completely? Seems I have seen some images of dropping the differential out the bottom, and they had rotated it 180 degrees to get it out.

waz3377

Mar 11, 2014
SAABv8tor said:
2007 Saab 5.3L AWD

So after replacing my Outer Seal twice, I have now realized that the Inner Seal has been the culprit all along. In searching the forum, everyone seems to completely remove the differential to replace this seal. My question is... Is there room to rotate the differential enough to R&R the seal WITHOUT removing it completely? Seems I have seen some images of dropping the differential out the bottom, and they had rotated it 180 degrees to get it out.

I noticed a leak that ran down onto my front differential case. It is orange-ish looking and oily. I replaced the outer seal and changed to fluid to purple. It is still leaking. I don't know what it could be.

I have 186k on my Envoy. I replaced the valve cover gasket recently, the 6 coil packs, the outer driverside seal, changed the front diff fluid, added a trans cooler, dropped the trans pan and did a filter change.

The leak is coming from somewhere on the driverside oil pan/differential area. There is a little smoke where the oil pan seals which I assume is the oil being hot after running it.

I do not know where to go from here...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.