Front differential 2003 olds bravada

Mud

Original poster
Nov 11, 2019
Ky
Guys let me start off by stating I am not very mechanical but I have a friend who is. My front differential in my 2003 Bravada is leaking. I know it has 3.73 gear ratio GT4..I am having a difficult time finding a compatible used replacement.. The differential is still in the vehicle. Everything I read talks about different mounting holes above or below the yoke. Very confusing to a novice like me..I seen some used differentials listed on eBay.I finally found a number and called.The sales person said that the 2003 bravada has 2 mounting holes above the yoke and 2 below it.Anyone know if this is correct? Also can someone help me with some other years and vehicle that is compatible.Thanks so much..

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There was a change in 2002 or 2003. due to leakage but I think they just added an extra mounting bolt. I do believe that they are all interchangeable however the later years may be better. And you can use any GMT360 with the same gearing.

Why not fix your old one if it's just leaking? If it just needs seals, would be a lot cheaper to replace those than the whole diff. Where is it leaking?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I agree with @Mooseman , where is your current dif leaking from. If its the drivers side outer seal, thats a relatively easy fix. The other seals are quite a bit more involved.

As for a replacement, any year, with the correct gearing dif will work.

gladesteen

Aug 19, 2014
I have a 2004 Olds Bravada ....my diff started leaking a few years ago. I thought it was the drivers side CV axle bearing/bushing that mounts inside the diff (common problem). It turned out the actual Diff itself was cracked in the middle and slowly oozing out gear oil to that area. Was a mess. I ended up finding a GM Factory Differential on Ebay and had that shipped directly to the garage. IIRC it was $800 for the diff and another $1000 for labor/install.

• Wow
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online