Front constant 12V Power other than DC outlets?

joeredspecial

Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
I'm in the process on installing an AUX adapter (PIE GM12-AUX) that requires constant 12V power to function properly. On my old Trailblazer I tapped one of the DC outlets but I'm wondering if there are any other options for 12V constant power under the dash, specifically on the passenger side. For example, is there anything behind the glovebox or the kickplate? I've searched and looked in the service manual but I'm not coming up with anything. Thanks in advance.

joeredspecial

Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Tap into the radio 12v power. I think it's a pink wire and has constant power.
Thanks but I forgot to mention I'm specifically trying to avoid the radio harness. It's looking like the DC outlet might be my only option.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
An additional "On Topic" Thread...

Reactions: joeredspecial

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
This is not on the passenger side but is likely an unused, fused power source. It is located at the far left under the dash along with a few other wires meant for the addition of a trailer brake controller.

Screenshot_20210921-101253.png

Reactions: joeredspecial

joeredspecial

Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
An additional "On Topic" Thread...

Thanks, I actually took the time to remove everything and to run a wire from the Rainsense fuse in the rear to add a PAC AAI-GM12 and an additional DC outlet on the switched 12V power. Unfortunately the PAC adapter's audio quality was poor so I removed the PIE adapter from my 2002 Trailblazer and installed that. It works well but needs constant as opposed to switched power so that's why I'm in this situation.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher