NEED HELP front axle intermediate drive shaft

mike0714

Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
ny
hello every one i am trying to get my front axle intermediate drive shaft out so i can get my front differential out look like some kind of seal on it i don't want to brake it because i don't see a replacement for it they said to pry the shaft out i try it only move a little and try to punch it out on the driver side still will not move i don't know if the front differential will come out with shaft still in it any help will be great thanks guys

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I thread a bolt on the end (can't remember what size or thread but it's common) on the passenger side and use a slide hammer to pop it out. You did remove the disconnect from the passenger side oil pan?

mike0714

Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
ny
yes i did remove it i need to get a slide hammer i did find a bolt to go into the shaft and put a vise on it and try to pry it out put had no luck

mike0714

Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
ny
ok i got it out put the front differential wont come out i try heating it up banging on it with a big hammer and try to pry it will not come out

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's probably corroded to the oil pan. Make sure all the bolts are out. Try soaking the mating parts with PB Blaster. One YT video I once saw for engine replacement they had to basically rotate the diff on the oil pan up and down by whacking it with a BFH. That or try prying it at the end of the tail to make it turn.

mike0714

Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
ny
thanks guys i got it out it was corroded in side the oil pan what a pain is the a-- this thing was i drop the front cross member to see if i can pry it out still no luck then i found my long crow par i went on top of the motor and pry it right in the middle push the bar right up to the oil pan then i seen it starting to come out keep doing it to it pop out then i keep turning it to get pass the motor mount up the hole where the a/c and alt where then out it came note to some one who has to do this wash the grease off before you take it out my hands keep sliding off

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online