Front air bag sensor........found it!!

dave_stumph

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
So I bought my 02 envoy beginning of this year in the winter. (bad mistake on my part but that's another story on its own)
Being in Ontario, summer started early this year 2 week warm spell in February and during this time I had taken the voy to the car wash. Next thing I know the airbag lights on. Strange? 2 minutes later it turns off.... No worries :smile:
Coming to may and a few more car washes the same thing happened a few times until the light just stayed on.
Now I've done a bit of research and it could be a bunch of airbag sensors or wires....but you need to get it scanned to find out exactly what's not communicating......meh no rush here to get it fixed.

Now being that this is not a family car and only I drive it once in a while to tow I just left it till today. Pulled the grill off and this is what I found :smile:

View attachment 21647

Going to order one next week for sure!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341161062.845342.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341161062.845342.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Doitysip

dave_stumph

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
If u look at the pic you can see the front of the rad and the wires connected to the sensor. It's just down past the loom of wires that go straight across. 1 is on the driver side other is on the passenger side.
Take off the front grill and you will see a loom of wires that go straight across. Just stick your hand down past the loom and feel for 2 bolts.
Took me an hour to find it lol

duckyweed

Apr 5, 2012
Staten Island New York
thanx for all the help and info to all .I will probably take the grill off and see if I find anything myself . since right now I am unemployed and have the time to do it and don't really trust the dealerships in my area

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScannerHeath

Members Online