Fox 2.0 shock with stock trailblazer?

mesaboogie

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I was wondering if its possible to use Fox 2.0 shocks with a stock trailblazer. I know they're longer than stock shocks, but will they compress enough to work?

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Yes, but if you extend them too much, the springs will come out. Stock shocks are the limiting factor in retaining the springs. The fox shocks are long enough to allow the springs to come loose.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
From what I’ve been absorbing on the forum, the BDS 5500, or the Bilstein HD would be great and suitable REAR replacement on a stock TB.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
I have the Z71 rear springs, will that work well with rear Fox Racing shocks? I can't decide if I want the Bilstein HD or the Fox Racing 2.0. Suggestions? (They are around the same price, $120 a set, and my last shocks were Rancho RSX's).

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Z71 springs are stiffer and longer, and the BDS have been designed and tested to match the spring rate. I don't think ANY other shock out there was specifically targeted for the lifted vehicles with stiffer springs. Bilsteins can perform as underdamped if you're a shock and handling enthusiast. You might ask Fox if their Trailblazer shock can deal with a Tahoe/Avalanche spring rate.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
So Roadie, are you recommending the good ol' white body's from BDS? I dont want overdamping so the truck doesen't rock aft and bow due to low rebound pressure. I would like a stiffer shock then the Rancho RSX's; both rebound and compression.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Ive got some whitebodied ProComp shocks on my 02 with a 2" rear lift and they are firm. That said, I knew they were going to be before I bought them because its more of a mall cruiser than a trail rig (gasp! Sorry roadie :redface:) and wanted a firmer ride on the highway.

Think they're ProComp 925600s (? or 926500s), picked them up locally at 4WheelParts for like $40 a shock + $6 for a pair of boots.

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
I'm using the fox 2.0/BDS shocks on my trailblazer with marks big lift and the z71 springs and they do the job and i have no complaints. Of course that's just an opinion and we know what that's worth.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
I ended up getting the BDS5500 white bodys. I like them much more then the Rancho's I had on previously. Stiffer, less rebound, and seems to be smoother though it's range of motion.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online