Forums for Ford Escape (2011m/y)

TequilaWarrior

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Does anyone know of a good forum for the Ford Escape - specifically one that includes the 2011 model year. I've found forums for the newer generations, but nothing that old.
My wife's Escape has less than 75,000 miles on it and I'd like to keep it up as best we can. I'm adding DVD headrests this weekend and may end up doing a full stereo replacement next spring - but not without some serious help as the dash on this thing is a serious problem.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The Ford Escape had a run from 2008-2012 (Gen 2). And other than some interior refinements, and a facelift, is the same thing as a Mercury Mariner.

Ford Truck Forums

There isnt a specific forum to that generation, its just a matter of finding the info you need mixed in with the Gen 1 and Gen 3.

Reactions: TequilaWarrior

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Another place to try is 'Serious Explorations' - they're Explorer-specific, but may know of a sister site (or have a section for the Escapes, like we do for the pickups, etc.) I used to belong to that site (before I got smart and stopped buying F*rds...) :nono:

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
****Hides in Corner****

(Just bought a Mercury)

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Some learn slower than others - but eventually, we all learn :wink:

TequilaWarrior

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Thanks guys. I will check those out.
I got my wife the Ford because she like it and was no longer comfortable driving her Bravada with 150k miles on it.
Now I send her off in my Bravada with 250k miles on it every time her Ford needs work. Go figure.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Have the wife refer back to post #5, above :wink:

Is that the same Bravada trading places between 'hers' and 'yours'? Makes for an especially prescient lesson, if it is :smile:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Years back my buddy modded a forum called escape-city or something like that when he had his Escape

TequilaWarrior

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Have the wife refer back to post #5, above :wink:

Is that the same Bravada trading places between 'hers' and 'yours'? Makes for an especially prescient lesson, if it is :smile:

She started with a '08 Trailblazer, 2wd. It was a lease. When it came time to turn it in she loved it so much we bought an '02 Bravada, almost completely loaded. I loved ~that~ so much that I got an '02 Bravada, completely loaded, same exterior color, different interior color plus heated seats and sunroof. There was a minor issue with some easy to fix thing that I didn't get to it very quickly so she decided she wanted something "newer" and fell in love with a 2011 Ford Escape. Like an idiot I didn't strip her car of the ECAS compressor, ventvisors, bug deflector, shocks, tires, and battery. We traded it in the same day she found the Escape so I didn't have time. She now begrudgingly agrees we shouldn't have bought the Escape, but now she wants an Explorer instead. I'm holding her off as long as I can. I believe I have her talked into another GMT360, but it would have to be in tip-top shape and "lower" miles for her to approve, 4wd/awd for me to approve. Where we are is a virtual desert for GM dealerships so there aren't a lot of these floating around. Occasionally, the local Ford dealership gets one in on trade and I keep a close eye on them. I may try to convince her to pick up a full-size GM SUV (Tahoe, 'Burb, Yukon).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online