Forgot to recalibrate actuators

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Had to change my fuse box and forgot to wait to let the actuators calibrate before starting the vehicle. Now only air blowing towards windshield and my feet. This is on an 06 envoy Denali. Do I have to take the dash off to get to the actuator? I have small hands so if I don't that will be great too. Anyone have the part number i need. Or if gm superceded with another one?

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Haven't tried it but I'm about to get out there and try it again. I'll update thread with results

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Starting the engine after reconnecting power isn't the problem. It's whether or not you give the HVAC system time to calibrate before you tell it to do something (change temps, change vents) If your HVAC system was "off" when you started the engine, then you did nothing wrong, and it could be that your actuator was just at the end of it's life. :twocents:

:coffee: A handy graphic Roadie used to provide.

allactuators-orig_zps356d65f1.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You could just pull the HVAC B fuse. Just turn the key to ignition and let it do its thing for a couple of minutes.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Gear in the blend door actuator is more than likely broken. It's not too difficult to replace that actuator, just tight area to maneuver in.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
You'll need to remove the knee bolster, and look for the actuator above the one that'll first be noticeable. Its kinda up there...
To be able to even take it off in this cramped area you'll need an extremely small 1/4 ratchet and (can't remember what size socket, its also a very small sized one) to remove the one tiny bolt holding it in place.

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Ok. I'll try to replace it. I remember replacing one on my other envoy about two years ago. It was the easy temp actuator. I tried to reply on the site yesterday but wasnt working. Also tried to relearn earlier today and it's dead. I'm going to order one tonight. Thanks guys.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online