For those who remember me from TrailVoy (Sailorjay451), here's my story......

jkdubz

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Sooo my soon to be ex wife has called it off. She still cares for me and we are still really good friends and will continue to be close and big part of each others lives (she is the mother of my children after all), but she doesn't have the spark anymore and hasn't for some time although she was trying to make it work. There is also someone from her past.....well before she and I got together.....that she still has feelings for and is still in love with.

Anywho its been a hard two months for me, but in all honesty this is for the best. I don't want to be with someone who isn't 110% into a relationship. We are on good terms, and will continue to be from here on out. She and my kids are moving to Vero Beach, Florida to be near the other guy she loves....hence why I am moving to Melbourne, FL (about an hour north of Vero).

I also have an EPIC new job I am gonna start in a week on large supply ships in the Gulf of Mexico servicing oil rigs. 28 days on, 14 off and SICK pay! So, that being said I am treating myself to a nice apartment in Melbourne and another Trailblazer (hence why I am here :biggrin:). It is getting easier and easier everyday to move on, and I fully intend on living my life to the fullest. She has been a great wife for the past 5 years, for those of you who remember me from TrailVoy she stood by me when we moved from Hawaii to the Northwest, and she stood by me when we moved to Texas this past summer. She is a good woman, and will be a close friend of mine for the rest of our lives.

So be prepared SE region of the US...I'll be at every meet I can make and will be fully immersed in GMTNation community here. You guys are awesome, and I am comfortable now sharing this with all of you :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
sad, happy, and awesome story all in one...

i had a similar situation 2 years ago... minus the kids factor.. wasnt married, but a long time girl that was my friend wanted to take it to the next level.. but never got over an ex.. and ultimatly left me for him and now has a family of her own and is miserrable from what i hear.. so yay me for moving on to biggger and better things!!

congrats on the new job and for things working out to your benefit in the end...

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i used to live out in melbourne, still own a condo out in viera

in spite of it being kinda slow out there i did alright for myself as a bachelor about town :cool: Whered you get a place at? out on the beach? that'd be my choice :thumbsup:

stay tuned in for central florida meets

jkdubz

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Nothing yet, but looking at a place right on the Indian River on the mainland side. Won't be out there til end of march due to work schedule for my ship, but I got some places scoped out.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
jkdubz said:

So be prepared SE region of the US...I'll be at every meet I can make and will be fully immersed in GMTNation community here...

jimmyjam said:
stay tuned in for central florida meets

Sorry to hear about the split, but at least things are still amicable, so that's always nice to hear.

:biggrin:As for the last part... :yes: We now have this posted for all to see, so your attendance will be expected. :deal: :Lager Louts:

jkdubz

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Assuming I am off the ship and I don't have important family things going on....I'll be there!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Glad things seem to be looking up for you.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Welcome to the Nation. It sounds like despite all the issues in your life you still have a very positive outlook and things are looking up because of it. That is a great attitude to have. :thumbsup:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
I didn't realize you'd moved away! You used to be right down the road from me...

jkdubz

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
fishsticks said:
I didn't realize you'd moved away! You used to be right down the road from me...

Yeah man, moved to Houston, TX to drive harbor tugboats. Now I got a job on supply vessels in the Gulf of Mexico. Hows Vancouver been? Cold winter or what?

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
jkdubz said:
Yeah man, moved to Houston, TX to drive harbor tugboats. Now I got a job on supply vessels in the Gulf of Mexico. Hows Vancouver been? Cold winter or what?

Lame winter is more like it... 40s and rain.

Where's my snow?

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
im glad everything worked out for ya :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online