For Sale: 8 inch rear axle G80

donniegood

Apr 16, 2012
jham said:
Price drop $ 375

Interested but it will not be til june so let me know if you have it still then. Wedding is at the end of this month so a tad strapped for cash

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
donniegood said:
Interested but it will not be til june so let me know if you have it still then. Wedding is at the end of this month so a tad strapped for cash

congrats on the wedding. If it's still on here it will still be for sale. You are aware that this is the 8 inch differential and based on your profile you have a envoy XL which means you would have a 8.6 inch. This would bolt right into your truck but most people don't want to downgrade to the 8 inch

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Boog2006 said:
So I've got an open 3:42...what all would be involved for me to switch in the g80

it would involve putting your ring gear on the G80 and setting up the gear lash and gear contact pattern

tricguy007

Dec 7, 2011
boy thats cheap wish i had the money, trying to save for a new tune

ksimm92

Apr 28, 2012
I would have been extremely interested back in January, My pinion snapped and I had to do a axle assembly swap. I was looking for a used g80 locally to upgrade my open 3.42 as long as I'm at it. I couldn't find any close at the time :frown: so I ended up getting a used 3.42 open from a 08 with 10,000 miles on it off craigslist.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
Now we're talking business. That's 2.5 hours for each of us to meet and another 2.5 home if my calculations are right. It would have to be done on a weekend.

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
tblazerdude said:
Now we're talking business. That's 2.5 hours for each of us to meet and another 2.5 home if my calculations are right. It would have to be done on a weekend.

ok I will pm you my number

- - - Updated - - -

tblazerdude said:

ok I will pm you my number

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
The op upgraded to a ss 14 bolt limited slip. I'm the one that bought it, so it's sold. My open 3.42 will be for sale soon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online