NEED HELP Fog Lights not working

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Hey everyone. So I thought I would finally get my other fog light working after a looongg time. I got a new bulb and thought a simple swap would do the trick. However after installing the new bulb the light did not come on. I recall when I first bought the TB there was a similar problem where both the fogs were not operating. Some electrician did something with the connection and they both worked for a while until the drivers side fog light went out. These are after market ones installed by the previous owner. Any ideas on how to tackle this? Or would it be better if I just took them out and maybe fit some bright LED strips in the holders rather than bulbs?

Thanks

P.S Pics I will try to get up as my laptop is really giving me a hard time

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
With out any specifics on the actual fog lights you have on there there is very little we can help you out with. Try to get ur hands on a multi metter/amp probe or 12volt test light and start tracing power and ground and see what you come up with. That's all I can come up with.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
With out any specifics on the actual fog lights you have on there there is very little we can help you out with. Try to get ur hands on a multi metter/amp probe or 12volt test light and start tracing power and ground and see what you come up with. That's all I can come up with.

I will try to get the pictures up soon as they should help with the way it was all wired up.

Reactions: xavierny25

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:iagree: with @xavierny25 If you don't troubleshoot properly, and systematically, you're basically just guessing, which will get frustrating for both you and anyone trying to help. You need to get a meter, and test for voltage at the connectors. That will tell you if the problem is with the bulbs, or something with the electrical system. Then you can check for voltage at the fuses, relays, etc if you need to.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online