NEED HELP Fog Light Shenanigans

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
After many issues with the Perimeter lighting interfering with my HID ballasts. The DRL cap mod worked well for a while but is not functioning properly anymore. Since I'm going with the projector Retrofit and have new bulbs that I'll be putting I don't want to risk them dying out due to the flickering. So after going through a post on the site about having fog lights as Perimeter lighting which involves splicing a relay in place of the A5 Pink/ White wire. Everything seems to match according to the diagram posted below :

Fog DRL Relay.jpg

However the issue I have is that my fog lamps are not factory. They are spliced into the parking lamps so they come on whenever the headlight switch is on the parking lamps or when it gets dark outside with the auto headlamps. So I just wanted to figure out it I'd still have to splice into E11 Dark Green/ White wire to get it to work in the same way or would I have to splice into some other wire

Screenshot_2018-04-09-22-17-07.png

Thanks as always. And YESSS I'm back in business!!!

Reactions: Redbeard

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
I have the drl killer mod for years now - it works well for HID headlights. You don't need the large heavy duty relay pictured - a small relay like from the engine bay electrical box takes less power and is better. I used a relay from an old dial up modem:uhno:
I would suggest rewiring the fog lamps to come on with a separate switch - like factory. Take the relay on signal from ignition power and install a small switch. You can use the foglamps whenever you want and don't risk killing the battery.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I have the drl killer mod for years now - it works well for HID headlights. You don't need the large heavy duty relay pictured - a small relay like from the engine bay electrical box takes less power and is better. I used a relay from an old dial up modem:uhno:
I would suggest rewiring the fog lamps to come on with a separate switch - like factory. Take the relay on signal from ignition power and install a small switch. You can use the foglamps whenever you want and don't risk killing the battery.

Thanks, I didn't want to go through the process of rewiring my fogs just yet. Also i thought it'd look kinda cool if the parking lamps also came on with the perimeter lighting 😊

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.