Fog Light Bulb

rjpoog1989

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So today I wanted to replace a burnt out fog light bulb. I went to Advanced Auto parts and they sold me one they thought would fit, but they weren't sure. I checked it out with the original bulb before opening the box and realized it doesn't fit so I took it back. I took the original bulb with me (Philips 9045) and they said they do not cary them and could not get it. I then proceeded to AutoZone and they said they could not get it either. Why would GM use a lightbulb that is impossible to get:confused: Apparently I need to go to a dealer to get it, but dealers make me :hissyfit:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
if those bulbs are anything like the SS', then its just a standard 880 bulb for the fogs...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Ghost said:

HID's are on a whole nother level and are stupid bright compared to stock.. i have HID lows and fogs, and wouldnt change them for a thing... I would say go the HID route, however, i've never heard of that company that makes them.. members on here typically go with DDMTuning, or VVME... i have VVME's.. if you do look for HID's, make sure they are 35W and not 55W...

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
Boricua SS said:
HID's are on a whole nother level and are stupid bright compared to stock.. i have HID lows and fogs, and wouldnt change them for a thing... I would say go the HID route, however, i've never heard of that company that makes them.. members on here typically go with DDMTuning, or VVME... i have VVME's.. if you do look for HID's, make sure they are 35W and not 55W...

Hmmmm weird. No 12v 35w kits here; http://www.vvme.com/price-list

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ive got Xentec cheapo kits in my fogs but for actuall low beams i went with VVME 5000k good stuffffff. Still havnt had a single prob with my fogs. There was a little fitment issue added some Rtv to the brim of the housing sealed up beautifully

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online

No members online now.