Foam Insulation Strip Between Rad and Condenser

Up And Down

Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Does anyone know what the purpose is for the strip of foam insulation between the bottom of the radiator and the AC condenser? Is it necessary? Mine has lost its adhesion on one end and I’m getting sick of pushing it back up into place only for it to fall down again the next day. Is it necessary? The function I could possibly see would it may prevent salt and road grime from getting up In between the 2 and sitting on the front lip of the radiator causing it to rust or rot. Any ideas guys? Thanks

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Its basically a air funnel. Help keeps the air flowing over the vanes of the cooler(s), rather than going around it. Clean the area, and see if some double sided tape, or maybe even a zip tie, can hold it in place.

Up And Down

Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks toll keeper. I am not sure we are talking about the same item. This is a piece of foam about a quarter inch thick and an inch high and runs the length of the condenser and is installed in the small gap between the bottoms of the radiator and condenser. Thanks again for the info.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.